Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I like the plane and its detail, keep it up..

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Looks good as is!

Don't listen to these guys who want to make it scientifically accurate, it looks good as is!

PS - How in the }{#(( did you get the smooth features, I'd love to see a tutorial

Good job!
    The only thing unique about humans is our ability to formulate. Not simply to learn an equation but to actually examine a problem and find function when function is not readily apparent.

No, wait! So can monkeys, um... and I guess dolphins too. Possibly whales... And if whales are in the mix I guess we can toss out advanced communication. Okay, so humans aren't very unique! Crap, never mind...

Hey, that's the Metal Slug Airplane, isn't it? Very nice model, good use of the ZBrush!

Thanks all for the wram commnents!
    Thomas, its not the metal slug plan (its not a harrier), but metal slug is my reference. I love too mych there style... I plan to do other aicrafts and vehicles, but much later!
    The texture is 80% dones, but I have to think to a composition...
    Maybe I will pan to do a realtime version, but I will have to redo UVs...
    Labirinthe, my ref model is the T2 buckeye, I tryed to respect a lot the original model, and added a cortoon style, but trying to be realist in same time.

MK-buckeye.jpg

Lemonnado, nice to meet you! Thanks a lot for your superb photos of new york! Lucky man! Its seems to be a cessna your flying right? Im not sure those photos will fit the composition I was plannign, but thanks a lot! I will tru to add antennas.
    Hello .50! I like your retro style!

Technically talking, its 100% zbrush. I did the entire low res mesh in edge loop, deleting, in mergind polys by exports/imports. It took me a lot of time
    I hope that in zbrush2 upgrade, thy will put more edgeloop tools (merge, insert edges loops, merge edge loops etc...)
    I had to sbdivide a loot my model, so its a bit heavy to work on...
    90% of sculpting work is done in projection master...
    Its a very good excercise (like shoes) to learn mechanical sculpting.
    You see now its possible in zb, and give nice results!
    Hope to show more soon!
    Sébastien Legrain A.K.A Sebcesoir

http://sebleg.free.fr

Yeahh!!! Thx pixologic, it's damn cool to have Zbrush caps!

Baahhhhh Cessna I fly a 1956 Piper Tripacer . A great Airplane which uses less Gas than my USA SUV while going 120MPh wheeeeeee. The trip down the Hudson River is always an Adventure. When the engine would fail I would get very wet and into the News for sure hahaha.

I am looking forward to your Texturing!

Enjoy the pictures!
    LemonNado

Default :d

Oh, I wanna see a time-lapse "making of" quicktime movie of this. I'd just love to see this being created at high speed like Pixolator's fish.

Revanto

Wink

Just for MacMan : One major detail of the T2, if you plan to recognize it at first glanze is the separation between the lower and upper tail.

And again, you've done an amazing cartoon airplane!!!

t2-tail.gif
    "No one realized that the world and the labyrinth were one and the same"

Default nitty picky

Oooooooo!

I agree that some details will make or break a cartoony representation of an actual airplane, but I'm not seeing the tail separation...

Other that the fact that Sebcesoir has exaggerated his model, I've looked at your picture and his model and I still don't see much difference.

Correction: I do see it! The tail "wings" (I don't know planes) separate the top and bottom of the tail rutter. Right?

Ahhhhhhhhh, duh!

Tails.jpg
    The only thing unique about humans is our ability to formulate. Not simply to learn an equation but to actually examine a problem and find function when function is not readily apparent.

No, wait! So can monkeys, um... and I guess dolphins too. Possibly whales... And if whales are in the mix I guess we can toss out advanced communication. Okay, so humans aren't very unique! Crap, never mind...

No, it's all in order as long as the elevator (that tail wing thing ) has a V shaped slot so the Rudder can move from the left to the right.

If you like to play with your own Airplane then use this fabulous toon airplane tutorial from Aurick: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=20370

Cheers
    LemonNado

Default It's all in a good plane...

It looks like Sebcesoir compensated by placing his "elevator" forward in his model...

But that is a good point; if I were to do a plane I would probably have missed it.

I suppose by placing the elevator forward he made it less likely that the plane would fly...

My brain full... losing vital memories... 1st grade slipping away...

So anmy wbay, gob stubf!

Haha! Bah anyway, its just an artwork, I don't plan to make it fly really! I hope I can advance on it next week, I will try to post the textured version soon...

For info, I started to modelise the real aircraft close from the original, then I distorted it to tunrn it into cartoon. Maybe some shapes desapeared in the process, maybe ive missed some too...

But I have a problem with materials : I put some different materials, a reflective one and a gelly material on the glass, with transparency and double side, but when I render my pic, transparency dosen't render, and I don't see inside the plane...
    Any ideas or suggestions?

Talking But...

...It's a Pou du ciel
    Pilou
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Default Coolest thing EVER!!

That is the coolest thing ever invented! That thing is up there with the wheel! I now know my goal in life! It's to careen wildly through the air in a VW Beetle equipped with wings!

I'm off to find a lot of Duct tape....

HOUHAHAHAHA! Thats it!!
    THX Pilou!!

mignet.jpg

And a lovely craft it is.

As always a superb post, and this time you've gone cute.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast