Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Post imported perspective

hello! i apologize for some of you who have already see the picture in feedback and troubleshooting, it's just to illustrate a little trick on perspective:i had problem on this pict to "put together" all the parts; global pers seemed to be never the same: for example, the main wall is 0value, but pers on; the iron "stairs" need 76 value, and doesn't match really the first layer, the wall...ok; what i do is , in the soft where i modelled the castle, to make two little spheres, behind the plane of the wall, (so inseeible in the final pict)at opposite corners; then imported with all the parts of the castle, each time, the 2 spheres... now the parts match very well... what i should want to try is: if the little spheres, or for example little cross, are not behind but in front, of course out of the scheduled final picture area, (necessary to crop), so seeible, and imported each time when imported parts on successive layers, and always supperpose the little cross, at the same pers value, lmaybe it's a way to have a sort of "global canvas pers"??? anyway, it make more simple the adjustement! friendly M.

Hi Marcel
    I don't realy understand the problem but beautiful result
    And very tricky trick
    Toujours pas utilisé le QuadQuick d'Aurick?
    Pilou
    Ps The importation was a perspective ?
    Maybe the problem is here
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

wow , Marcel can you give any tips on how you created the water ?

Great work Marcel!!!
    Italian Zbrusher

thank you...the water, as often in other landscapes i did, the grass, sand, etc;;; is photo part, applied via photoshop on a plane 3d; then the plane is push pulle to make minor shadows; it's a "semi" 3d technique; fp, if you have a soft like amapi, try to import 2 part of say a building, and collapse perfectly in z, especiallly if the secaond part, or th3rd, or 15, is small: the way z deal with pers goes the making a very difficult job... amitiés M.

Thumbs up

Let me translate what I think Marcel is saying:

There is a problem with Global Perspective where two items that are placed at different points in a scene will not quite match each others perspective. Go here to see the problem fully described. The only workaround at that point was to polymesh all objects together, and then place in the scene with Perspective on. Of course, with everything polymeshed together, it is hard to correctly texture everything.

Marcel says that he made two spheres behind the wall, one on each side, as part of the full castle model. Then when importing each individual piece into ZBrush, each piece would be taken with the addition of the two spheres on each import. Then the individual pieces matched each other very well when using Global Perspective in ZBrush. (Or they could be made to match very well by adjusting each piece slightly until the position and perspective of the two spheres matched the spheres of the wall-component.)

The next idea that Marcel has for the future is to use crosses or spheres at the outsides or far corners of the full model. Then each individual piece is imported with the addition of the crosses. What this means is that each piece of the building, no matter how small, actually has the same model space dimensions and center-point due to the two crosses. Then when placing each piece in Global Perspective mode in ZBrush, because each piece has the same centerpoint, all of the perspectives match each other. Each piece can be textured seperately, or painted with 2.5D tools in ZBrush on its own layer.

I propose that the spheres or crosses could be placed 'underground' relative to the base of the building. Two could be used 'underground', at opposite outside corners of the building, and I think one should be placed at the 'front-top-right' or 'front-top-left' corner. These small spheres would define the outer boundries of the model.

All of this could be done within ZBrush!

Model all of the pieces of the building, in place, without perspective, but with the outer spheres in position. Make polymeshes of each separate item (walls, columns, doors, window frames, etc.), including the spheres in the polymesh of each item. So you would mark all the corner spheres, and then one item, and make a polymesh. Delete the marker for the one item, and mark the next item. Make the next polymesh, and so on. Now each component of the building, with its own set of spheres, is separate, and can be textured or 2.5D painted separately. But when placing all of the items together in a scene with Perspective ON, each item should have the same centerpoint (I think), and no adjustment of position or rotation should be necessary. If adjustment IS necessary, perhaps due to a design decision, the small change in position relative to the size of the model, should make differences in perspective very minor and unnoticeable. When all is assembled, the spheres should all be in their same locations. It might be possible that the top sphere is visible, but once everything is placed, the pixols of the top sphere could be erased.

Alternately, instead of a 'top sphere', a component of the building itself could be used, such as the highest penant, or roof component. It would have to be the highest item, and it would have to be included in the polymesh of each and every separate building component. The idea is that when all is placed in a scene, the position of the multiple penants would exactly match, OR all but one copy of the penant could be erased on the separate layers.

I think this will work, Marcel. I'll try it out tonight.
    Jay

"Talent and all that for the most part is nothing but hogwash. Any schoolboy with a little aptitude might very well draw better than I perhaps; but what he most often lacks is the tough yearning for realization, the teeth-grinding obstinacy and saying: even though I know I'm not capable of it, I'm still going to do it." -- M.C. Escher, in a letter to his son Arthur, 12 February 1955

http://www.ejectejecteject.com/

Hi Marcel
    Jay gives you some ideas
    La mienne est encore plus radicale : on positionne les objets sous Amapi

Hi Jay
    In another way, have you receive my private message ?
    Pilou
    French Pixologic Site

Talking

Frenchy, yes. It was the same message that you posted in Marcel's thread. I responded there. Sorry.
    Jay

"Talent and all that for the most part is nothing but hogwash. Any schoolboy with a little aptitude might very well draw better than I perhaps; but what he most often lacks is the tough yearning for realization, the teeth-grinding obstinacy and saying: even though I know I'm not capable of it, I'm still going to do it." -- M.C. Escher, in a letter to his son Arthur, 12 February 1955

http://www.ejectejecteject.com/

jay thank you! it's a very frustrating process to have a trick i thought useful and can't explain! i had just the time to make a little try, from rhino (nurbs) to z; first: choose a different thing in the corner! because with symmetrical things, and spheres being droipped "like that" in rhino, you don't know where is right and left... to sole a same pers, that seems ok! if there was a way to do with numerics value on a sphere, it would be perfect... in white, the rhino obj inmported in one pice... amitiés M.

Hi Jay
    Ok I don't return to Marcel Runes for a moment
    Marcel is a tricky guy indeed, the perps tip was great
    Pilou
    French Pixologic Site

Excellent work Marcel!

I realy like the water you made, Thanks for explaining how you did it

The castle walls look pretty realistic also... Nice Job

Polaris , the creation of the water is explained in a reply

Another, yet sometimes painful way to ensure the same global perspective between objects is to use one MultiMarker point for all placed objects...

Lets say you place your main building with the perspective and orientation you want.
    Set a Multi Marker for it.
    When placing other objects, make sure the same Global Perspective settings are used.
    Place the new object using the Multi marker point.
    Then use the Tools>Modifiers Deformation slider to move it into place.

Yes, it is a pain, but so far this has worked for me...

kaz