ZBrushCentral

Zcurve Version 2,0 (Updated 7/01/05)

[ZcurveInfo.JPG](javascript:zb_insimg(‘13467’,‘ZcurveInfo.JPG’,1,0))

Zcurve will allow you to create Bezier Curves using Zbrush much like most drawing programs. And like most Bezier functions you specify a Start and End point and then control two control points that have an affect on the curve that is drawn. Unlike most drawing programs with Zcurve you can create curves in 3 dimensions using all three axis of the drawing plane. Even more you can use the Control points to modify the diameter of the points that you create, either by a direct interpolation of size from the start to the end point or by using the diameter of the Control Points to affect the calculation.

When you are satisfied with your Curve you can transform it into a 3D Mesh consisting of Zspheres. Note: Since the mesh is also encoded with position and size information it is compatible for use with my Zif Worm program.

Other controls let the user Move, Flip (mirror), and Rotate the curve on the canvas using the Arrow buttons in the Navigation Panel. (Up, Down, Left, Right, In, and Out) These controls will work on any object that is currently selected in edit mode, Thereby allowing the user to select the Move switch and precisely positon the control points of the curve. The user can also directly type in the values into the appropriate sliders or drag the Control Sphere to the point on the canvas they wish and press the appropriate Save button to record the new position. Enclosed in the attached install zip is more documentation. Have fun Zcurvin

:ex: Update 6/23/05 Version 1.1 :ex:

Added 3 Point Curve selectable in the Settings Menu
Using the 4 Point Curve is a typical Bezier function
Using the 3 Point Curve can create more elliptical or oval curves.

:ex: Update 7/1/05 Version 2.0 :ex:

1. Zcurve will now “Remember” all settings so that you can load another script and then return to Zcurve. It will not remember Zsphere data so be sure to press the “Apply” button to gather data before using the “Create” button.
  2. Placed “Grid” spacing and “Rotation” angle in Settings Menu
  3. Added XYZ sliders to use as display and Input when using the Navigation panel on a selected object.

Here are some doodles I created while testing the script that I thought looked pretty cool, feel free to add.

Attachments

worm62.JPG

worm7.JPG

By all appearances another excellent script. I’ll take it on a test run later tonight. The interface design, the ZBC thread presentation and the .pdf file, all quality stuff!

thanks Digits! Sven

another for sure tool !!
Thanks tons
Mario

Thanks Digits for another great and useful script!!!

Ah, now that looks very cool. :+1: I had wondered whether such a thing was possible and thought you’d be the one to do it. I can’t wait to try it out. Thanks!

Pilou

Nice one, Digits :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Can’t wait to try this one out; looks really useful :smiley:

Chris

Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it.

Updated the script to version 1.1, you now have the choice of a 3 or 4 point curve to play with. See the attached image.

Thought I would actually try to create something out of curves, here is my attempt I used Zcurve and copied and pasted together this bike in Zif Click

[![Zbike.JPG|700x525](upload://iOV8Rs0JAAQ1vO2hhGYmVQgKQrj.jpeg)]

Attachments

Fig8.JPG

hiya Digits,

inbetween isp’s at the moment but had a moment to come here and be delighted by this update…I think you hit upon my back of the mind requests with this one.

I hope to post up some zcurve experiments soon.

I do have one weird thing well two actually going on when I use it.

1st is …if I switch between scripts…your script hightlights …I think (it goes pretty fast) between std brush and smooth brush about 20-30 times…it’s not a big deal really cuz it all still works but it’s just one of those funky things that grabs my attention and bugs me hehehe. Oops…actually its not this script…cuz I haven’t played with it yet…its your zifworm one.

the second is…that if I shift-s to snapshot I constantly get the drawsize window…it doesn’t happen in any other scripts or in zb proper…and don’t know if it is specific to me and my set up…but if it comes up with others will be happy to share my works to help ya out…otherwise…I just thought a mention might help someone else.

As I said…it’s more of an annoyance than anything bad as they don’t seem to affect how anything works and chances are it’s just me and my system.

But in case I havent mentioned it a few thousand times…THANK YOU!! for yet another way cool, way fun and way tooooooo addicting script!!!

Hi Aminuts

Hope you aren’t getting withdrawls and will be back on the net soon!

I am not getting the highlights between std and smooth brushes, however when my scripts do load they do some setting in the Preferences Palette that seem to be visible even thou you should have Show Actions off. Perhaps that is what you are seeing.

The problem with shift s to snapshot might be that Zbrush really doesn’t handle 2 keystrokes simultaneously, in other words you have to press the SHIFT key down and then press the S. Pressing SHIFT and S at the same exact time is inconsistent. Pressing S by itself will indeed give you the draw size window. Also you have to release the shift key and do both the keystrokes again if you are doing alot of snapshots, you just can’t keep the shift key down and press the s again. Try it and see if that solves your problem.

Thanks my friend for the encouragement, I appreciate it.

Updated Zcurve to Version 2

After using Zcurve for awhile and switching between zscripts I found I needed it to remember all the settings. Also added Display and Input XYZ sliders for the Navigation Panel and moved the Grid and Rotation sliders to the Settings menu

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it

attached is another testing experiment.

Attachments

Worm9.JPG

Thanks for the update, Digits :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Much sweeter, and:

Also you have to release the shift key and do both the keystrokes again if you are doing alot of snapshots
Cheers for clearing up that little Q-Mark I had also…time to re-fiddle and get things underway!!

Chris

:Dlooks pretty cool and complicated lol :wink: i will try this one when i have some more time, thanks for the script :+1:

Thanks for another yet useful script! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Really cool script Digits. There should be a lot of potential with this. Very nice. Thank you.

sorry to necro this thread, but we realy need to re implement this to zbrush as an alternative or aditional option for editing curve brushes. Allow more control of the curves that direct geometry would be absolutely awesome! if we could use also bezier curves with handles and all.

1 Like