ZBrushCentral

Zplugin: Draw Size/ Focal Shift/Z Intensity Sweep

This is a rework of a zplugin I posted earlier. It makes it easy to adjust Draw Size, Focal Shift and Z Itensity while you’re working simply by moving the mouse left or right while pressing the hotkeys:

Hotkey [S] sets the Draw Size
Hotkey [1] sets the Z Itensity (and the RGB Itensity when the sliders are locked in 2.5D mode)
Hotkey [2] sets the Focal Shift

Clicking the mouse/pen after adjusting recalls the previous zscript so your workflow is not interrupted.

Unzip the zip to your ZStartup\ZPlugs folder and the hotkeys will be available next time you start ZBrush. NOTE: if you installed the previous DrawSizeSweep.zsc this should be deleted or the new hotkeys will not function properly.
The zip contains three files:
AdjDrawSize.zsc
AdjFocalShift.zsc
AdjZInt.zsc
Simply delete the relevant file if you don’t want that hotkey.

I hope you find these hotkeys useful.

1 Like

Great enhancement :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: Thanks buddy!

Just found this, what a great little tool, cheers Marcus (BTW do you ever sleep???)

Good tool ~!!i like it~!:+1:

Great addition. Just only in my case, hotkey 1 changes the Z Intensity/ RGB, and hotkey 2 gets Focal Shift.
I like it a lot.

Thanks guys, I’m glad you like it. :slight_smile:

pajonate,
Ha ha, thanks for pointing that out. :slight_smile: Just an error in my post. I chose 2 for Focal Shift because the button on the ZB interface is to the right of Z Intensity.

Cheers,

This is great! I have been dreaming with this kind of script for a long time :slight_smile:
Just one very little note. Can it be faster? It works very well, but there is a retard of about half a second while you press the key and it starts to work. Am I the only one experiencing this?

thanks a lot!

Hi Jhotun,

I’m glad you like the script. :slight_smile:
As for the delay, I do get a slight one but it is not as much as half a second. The script is quite complicated and speed may vary on different systems. I’m not sure that I can speed it up but I’ll have a look when I’ve a moment.

Cheers,

I´m running a Pentium4 3,2 HT with a gf6600 here at the job place.
Anyway, i´m using your script since this morning with lots of pleasure :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Yes, I don’t think it’s a system speed issue (my system is pretty archaic), more to do with particular setups. The script uses the zscript ‘Sleep’ command which seems to vary in its efficiency and behaviour. Anyway, I’m glad you like it. :slight_smile:

I´m thinking that probably this could end being implemented inside the zbrush stantard workflow (core). One of the things that for sure would boost modeling inside zbrush would be the ability to have “gestures” to switch between different pencil presets. That way, if you press some key and do a simple gesture like a diagonal line, the pencil could change to a predefined one with size, alpha, zadd/on-off, rgb, intensity… Presets are cool :slight_smile:

Zbrush is better and better due to scripts like yours marcus :slight_smile: thannnnks!

Jhotun,
Thanks for the kind words, they are much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Presets are a nice idea but pretty difficult - or impossible - to code (in the way you suggest) using standard zscripting. I imagine that it would need a dll to work properly but then just about anything would be possible. Time I got down and learnt C++. :wink:

I hope this goes to the right ears :slight_smile:

EDIT: Or eyes…

A great help with productivity.
I’ve always thought that this should be built into ZBrush.

Tveyes kindly notified me of our posting as it’s been something I’ve talked about for many moons.

Look forward to trying it out and as always many thanks Marcus.
:+1: :+1: :+1:

Hay, Thanks alot Marcus for this great script which was my first demand from zbrush after my dealing with it latly
:+1: :+1: :+1:

great script!

Is there a way i could change the shortcut keys?

I think for me the best i can think of right now would be

Size - A
Focal - S
Z intensity - D

thanks

Hi rv_el,

Changing the hotkeys for these scripts would mean re-writing them which I don’t have time to do just now. But also I avoided using the hotkeys you suggest because they are already assigned in ZBrush and using them again could cause a conflict. A is the hotkey for ZSphere mesh Preview, S is DrawSize and D is used to switch to a higher-level mesh in Edit mode.

You’re my personal jesus with this script now! :slight_smile:
I know something about C++ & dlls so I wonder if I could help… let me know!
:lol: THANKS MAN!
Keep brushin’,

ludikastyle,

Many thanks, I’ll bear your kind offer in mind. :slight_smile: And I’m glad you like the script!

Cheers,

Originally i installed somebody elses script. it was like “20 usefull hotkeys” then i tried installing yours. I can only get “S” to work but i can’t get the “1” and “2” to work, even though i got rid of the “20 usefull hotkeys” scripts.

How can i get the “1” and “2” key to work. i even try manually loading the scripts up and they just wont budge.

There just has to be a better way for all this madness :rolleyes: