ZBrushCentral

Artists in Action: Caroline Delen Part I & II (Video Tutorial)

[attach=16478]IntroPart1_2.jpg[/attach]

Welcome to Caroline Delen’s two part video tutorial. This is the first release of the Artists in Action video series. Stay tuned to the forum for more releases.

In these videos, watch texture artist Caroline Delen as she textures her character, Gromme, which was featured at the Pixologic 2005 Siggraph booth in Los Angeles.

In part 1, Caroline shows us her start to finish texturing process using ZBrush’s powerful 2D painting tools and Projection Master.

In part 2, Caroline introduces us to the new plug-in ZApp Link and how she used it to finalize the texture of Gromme.

ZApp Link is a new plug-in that connects ZBrush 2 and your favorite graphics editing program.

Caroline notes, “Zbrush2 is an excellent and versatile tool for my texturing workflow. It allows me to paint seamlessly on my high-poly character meshes, without having to worry about UV seams. The ZAppLink plug-in is an excellent addition making it possible to project photo reference or any painting directly onto your zbrush viewport through Photoshop, and has definitely become an important part to my workflow.”

ZApp Link will be released in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to this thread for more information.

Watch Caroline use:

:small_orange_diamond: The Highlighter brush
:small_orange_diamond: The Intensity brush
:small_orange_diamond: The Colorize brush
:small_orange_diamond: The Simple brush
:small_orange_diamond: ZApp Link to Mirror Gromme’s texture

To learn more about Caroline Delen click here.

To learn more about Gromme click here.

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Click here to download Part I (800x600, 8.9 MB) :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Click here to download Part II (800x600, 8.9 MB):large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:
carolineThumb[1][1].jpg

Attachments

IntroPart1_2.jpg

Great, this helps a lot to actually see the Brushes in Action … Keep em coming!

Indeed … thanks for this. :+1:

Dan

that was pretty great to watch, when do we get part 2?

:smiley: Yup nice video… would be even greater if the resolution could be a bit higher :+1:

What resolution would you like? :smiley:

Great Tutorial :slight_smile: Highly appriciated your effort. Can’t wait to see other tutorials!

Yong

Gee, thanks Ryan and Caroline, that’s really cool stuff. I never really used the highlighter brush (I always painted the lighter parts with the simple or the single layer brush), so I definitely learned something here. Great model, too! :slight_smile:

Well i assume the resolution was higher with recording the vid, it looks like it is resized and now the text, has become a bir unclear on the interface… it would be great if the vid was posted in its native resolution…

It will probably make the file size allot bigger but it would probably be even better to learn from… :+1:

I understand that these files eating allot of bandwith, but im pretty sure something could be arranged, perhaps creating a few mirrors or making a torrent file.

Awesome stuff Ryan _ Thank you …and thank u Caroline. Awesome work… :wink:

Please use the Quicktime H.264 format so we can get the best quality for compression, in fact it is the best for streaming as well as the requesting device determines the quality if set up correctly. You can watch it on your cell phone if you like. H.264 is after all the new standard for DVD, cell phones, etc., and is really amazing. Quicktime players are of course free for Windows and Mac lovers.

Just my 2 cents, based on experience and what I do daily. :wink:

Excellent video … thanks so much. It’s amazing to me how fast the experts work.

I’m sure Caroline works pretty fast, but: That was a time-lapse :wink:

Haha … oops! :o I assumed it was speeded up at first, but then some of the time when Caroline is hovering over her selection of tool, the cursor movements look so natural. The only people I’ve seen model ‘real time’ are Meats and Glen in their ZB and Silo dvd’s respectively, and boy do they motor when they want to get things done quickly! D’oh!

This first post has been updated to include part 2 of Caroline Delen’s video tutorial.

Enjoy!

WHOA!

This ZAppLink Plug-In looks totally awesome! The ability to use Photoshop for all our Projection Master needs is extremely powerful, can’t wait to try it out!

Very nice stuff Caroline and Ryan, thanks a lot!

:smiley: The second video is really good also… i did not know about Zapp Link before, but what i dont really understand is why does she mirrors the side with zapp, she culd have just picked it up double sided right

that is definitely neato stuff.
great stuff there caroline. these videos came right on time too, because im just getting deeper into texturing within zbrush myself, and i never really considered a number of the brushes before. cheers!, and keep kicking ass.

:+1: :+1: :+1: Super awesome character!!! Love it, love it, love it!!! Is Caroline really a female? I have never come accross a woman who creates scary creatures in 3D. And then she’s THIS GOOD!!! Amazing work! Love that character! Wanna see him come to life!!! Is there an animation with him in the works??? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Thx for the insight caroline, great work and style.