ZBrushCentral

zackZBanner

What’s the rumpus gents?
So, this was a piece I worked on for ZBrush a few weeks ago. Quite a test really, and something I consider to be a “rough sketch” in its current state. Don’t know if I’ll get back to it, but it was helpful in deciding a few best practices for my workflow.
[]
I wanted to work on a sculpt that incorporated a few different elements, as well as posing of the characters.
[]
I ended up reposing the sculpts in Maya then re-applying the displacement maps to the posed models in ZBrush. It was a difficult balance between sculpting as much as possible in symmetry, then re-posing. I inevitably lost a bit of detail and volume when re-posing, so it was important to not take the sculpt too far in the stages. I really feel that having the ability to pose your digital creations, over and over again, is an asset that is inherent to a digital sculpt, and would be of obvious advantage over a practical model. So com’on ZBrush, get that posing functionality goin! You’ve teased us for too long. I’ll still respect you the morning after I’ve used it. I promise.
[]zCreat03_01.jpgtTorso01_01.jpgzBrushBannerZack01.jpg

Oh yes indeed I couldn’t agree more.

Fine work indeed.

Couldn’t agree more…that and the resurfacing ability should help to speed things along.

As always Zak… another fine sculpt.

El-d

I love that image, got me laughing so hard, still don’t know why. Just weird Canadian humour I guess. Nice to see this one Zack and I echo your desires of our ZMasters. :wink:

You´re a genius

Same nice kicking stuff as always, would you be kind enough to show us a render of that man down there in the last image ??
THX

really fine work. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Superb! I’m also loving the transit vans.

Excellent! If I ever dream of an traffic accident… it might just look like that!
Lemo:D

If this were a traffic accident it would be a case of sic transit gloria mundi … or something. :smiley:

Great work Zack, and yeah, I laughed about the morning after too. :slight_smile:

great models man !
congratulations

Good to see some more of your work! Is the reposing problem due to the way ZBrush smoothes your model? I think I understand where you are coming from.

I had a base head mesh that I sculpted into this Demon looking head, I then just opened the mouth on the base model in Maya, imported that model into ZBrush and then upped the sub division levels to get my details back.

What I ended up with was a realistic looking head that had my hi res tweaks applied to it but it didn’t look like my demon model just opened it’s mouth, it looked like an entirely different head all together.

I suppose what I should have done was taken my Hi res head, dropped the sub d. levels down to the base mesh, pulled that into Maya, deformed the model, imported that back into ZBrush and then upped my subdivision levels.

Would that workflow give you the right results or are you saying you’ll still loose some volume in the process?

Peace,

NickZ.

great!!!
it’s a wonderful work!
congratulations for the 1st place in the top row!!

Impresionante…:+1: :+1: :+1:

once again, great anatomy and great designs, just great!

super original stuff…
excellent rhythm to the forms…

is that you holding the sculptures up?
-tiktok

Zack ,
your work still a great inspiration to us

Alex Oliver

Pilou

Very inspiring Zack… wow.
You present so much movement in your pieces.
Really great work .:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Wow, such a superb piece of art work…amazing all around.