Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Smile

Yes, I agree, great job Slosh. Perfect modelling and texturing, excellent work.

This has been some interesting challenge despite the carbon elements.
    Wonderful results guys.

Another challenge I nearly missed, or did I?

R.Wilco's last resting place:

After a very short ceremony, what had been found of R.Wilco was laid to rest beneath the Alturian soil. That consisted of an Astrosuit, reeking of sweat and cheap aftershave, a Laser pistol ( where someone had obviously gnawed at the hilt ), a half eaten Mighty Bar and a standard issue Helmet.

Meanwhile, 1/4 light year away, Roger Wilco is on double duty mopping the kitchen floors, having just tried to explain why he returned back to base in his birthday suit.

(Anyone remember Space Quest?)

[GalleryEntry]

Helmet is made with Zspheres(Uniform skinning), Visor is a standard Box resized and deformed, Rocks are Sphere3Ds with texture Reflect4 applied as an alpha and inflated repeatedly, the pebbles were applied with spraystroke, Plane3D for the ground with additional details applied using the DepthBrush, the flowers were created using PusGhetty's method (thanks ), the sky is standard FlatColor material and lots of SprayStroke, Blurbrush and ColoriserBrush, for the (not-so-very-clear) transparency I used the CloneBrush to copy RGB info onto the Visor layer, Transparency was set to 100% although I did not render with transparency on ( it still has an effect on how the material looks).

Sorry for the quick and dirty info, I'm running out of time and laptop battery. Oh and ignore the fact that it is physically impossible to raise the visor

Edit: Forgot to add that I really enjoyed looking at all the entries this week. Lots of great images and , hey, flowers turned out to be a pretty cool MNC subject DeeVee

<font color="#949494" size="1"> November 25, 2002 Message edited by: TVeyes </font>
    Mark

Wilco died??? NOOooo ~G~ I loved Space Quest.

Great image.

Everyone did a super job this week.

Here's my final piece.
    This was a good challenge. I made this piece in the same way that I did the previous one!
    Only more elaborate and a much bigger size!

WO- that is an excellent piece, from the idea to the execution very well done in all aspects!

Dlee, I'm glad you liked my flowers, you made them look like roses! Great imagery and I like the ship!

Northstar,
    Thanks for the comments, Great second piece! Love the purple glass! And cool flowers too!

Nemo,
    Cool work, strange but cool... I like it!

TVeyes,
    Your image really blows me away! great work! I love the glass and the story! The whole presentation rocks... You are welcome, I'm glad you liked my flowers!

Best regards,
    Michael Anthony Melnik
    Title= "Flowers and Glass"

[GalleryEntry]

<font color="#949494" size="1"> November 25, 2002 Message edited by: PusGhetty </font>

"I am still Learning"

By: Michelangelo

Pusghetti, that is so beautiful. Your flowers are perfect. Thanks again for the scripts.

@Michael

Thanks - it is strange indeed i guess

But your piece for sure is great stuff - i love what you achieved with props and the flowers ..... wowza.

Keep em coming

The gallery has been updated...

Thanks goes to the initiators and participants of this challenge
    -Pixolator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234