ZBrushCentral

Tough Guy > 4 speedball-like game

This ugly dude is part of a character I’m creating for a speedball-esk Mod for HL2
Typical work flow using displacement maps & my chosen 3dapp> 3dsmax

Now I’ve created the scares, its makes him look overly bumpy. I need to come up with a half way point between the two renders…

[attach=58711]bullzbrush4kf.jpg[/attach]

I’ll post his armour if anyones interested. not textured tho*

[attach=58709]bulllit2xn.jpg[/attach]
[attach=58710]bullscaring4lt.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

bulllit2xn.jpg

bullscaring4lt.jpg

bullzbrush4kf.jpg

Hello world again.
Had some fun playing with the head again, & made ugly uglyier. Now he’s more like that dude who use to take your dinner money at school.
[attach=58712]alternative0ia.jpg[/attach]

After sculting that ugly thugs mesh I wanted to see if I could create a really different head from the same mesh. So here’s his kin Sista. Pretty sucessful, but there are some artifact I can’t get did of.
[attach=58713]sistabull9mv.jpg[/attach]
His changes took around 45 mins and she took an hour.

Attachments

alternative0ia.jpg

sistabull9mv.jpg

I’d love to see the armor! :smiley:

skin texture looks great! the one on the right, was it before you tweaked it to the final version, i notice some seams.

(btw i love how the scars look on his face!

This is one thread I don’t understand there’s no replies at it.

As far as I’m concerned, great job ! Even if you could push the detail work a little bit further, it looks already really cool.

Could you explain a little bit your workflow ? Renderer engine ? SSS ? That kind of stuff…

Keep up the good job ! :wink:

Bye !

He looks cool … I always like a rough, ugly type :slight_smile:

Iv had the same problems with artifacts within some of models. The way i found that they were made was by the use of the inflat tool whereby the mesh inflats into itself creating an intrusion giving an artifact look.
The way i got around this was by moving to the lowest subdiv and then moving up to the highest, one subd at a time and smoothin where needed until its removed.

Great work ! Can you please share your max displacement settings. im having problems getting them right. Do you use standart displace modifier or Vray displacement? What are the settings for max and zbrush? Thank in advance.

Soz 4 not replying and all that… let me know if you still need information on displacement maps?

I haven’t worked on this for a while, but here are some picts from when I last worked on it… ++ the stuff I got side track into doing…

[attach=58714]alternative61um.jpg[/attach]

Suit> this was and still is true pain to create! Advice never push your computer to it’s limits as when it slows down you’ll only end up paying for it in tears.
[attach=58715]sourceballthug9vb.jpg[/attach]

I decided to turn one of my female models into a sea creature after I saw a cool sea man torso on these forums… you probably know the one a mean…
[attach=58716]posioniousfrogpost026mg.jpg[/attach]
I really really need to finish something!
:o

Attachments

alternative61um.jpg

sourceballthug9vb.jpg

posioniousfrogpost026mg.jpg

:grimacing: I love every image on this thread! Man, that’s so great! Keep up the good work :sunglasses: :+1:

Wow, great work. I love the Tough guy, the armor, and the dragon type creature…good job!

Thanks man :slight_smile:

Latest wip
[attach=58717]screenshotwolf0103bm.jpg[/attach]
Going to normal map this one. Really looking forward to getting onto the fur.

Updated old model / Concept for final
[attach=58718]oldmodelupdated9ps.jpg[/attach]
Was gonna go with 3D hair but my computer squeelled* in pain as I divide & divide &… I think it was a good choice 'anywho, as it was so darn fiddly to edit + took and age to do.

& the grand daddy of them all, my resurrected, very first ZB model>
[attach=58719]oldmodel1gw.jpg[/attach]
I created this about 2yrs ago now. I thought it looked ace before, but I must have been delusional! But I think the updated model looks ace now… Hmm. Whats to say I’m not delusional now… hmm, guess, I’ll have to judge that in another 2 yrs :stuck_out_tongue: /my head’s starting to hurt

Attachments

screenshotwolf0103bm.jpg

oldmodelupdated9ps.jpg

oldmodel1gw.jpg

you are truly the best in crativety and efficiently executing it in zbrush…
awesome!

love those creative things when people go nuts in there Zbrush! :laughing:
Love all of them models but i love the sea woman the most! its funny i was about to do the same thing…lol oh well have to think of something else then
:wink:
(this reminds me of a similar topic, mine. but it isnt as good as this haha gonna need to post some more wips in my blog aswel but then with collor offcourse) :laughing:

Keep up the great work! :sunglasses: :+1:

oh man, how is it possible that I am logged in first time in this awsome thread?:roll_eyes: Great works, the best for me is http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5219/posioniousfrogpost010xu.jpg

Keep workin’n’postin’, CowBoyBunnyDude:+1: :+1: :+1:

I haven’t done any serious 3D for a while but I’m getting back into it with ZB3

Currently doing the goblin topology tutorial, but creating my own model:-
Jukebox-Girl
[attach=58720]progresstopologyuo9.jpg[/attach]

I don’t think I’ll create topology from scratch in ZB3 again. It is trully amazing that u can now go back and edit areas of topology. But to recreate all your topology from stratch in such a manual way, just takes too long. (I’ve mean spolt with 3dsmax’s plugin polyboost script that among the any intuitive topology tools, it allows u to [color=orange]Draw our polys on the model)
[attach=58721]polytopoyt5.gif[/attach]
I hope someone is inspired to also create a script like this for

Attachments

progresstopologyuo9.jpg

polytopoyt5.gif

Defining defining defining
[attach=58725]definingfront2ha9.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

definingfront2ha9.jpg

I 100% agree with you on the topology. I had a quick dabble with Zbrush 3’s topo tools and it feels horrible. Like you I’m a max user and the polyboost script is just great. I think a lot of other apps could learn from its tools.

Your works good, especially that dragon heads got a cool look :cool:

Since I bought Unreal3 I thought I’d have a stab at finishing this model and getting it ingame.

staticmj1.jpg

Legs are a little long.

Good to see a fellow Brit eating Zbrush.
:cool: Nice stuff.