ZBrushCentral

Artists In Action - Anh Nguyen: Ear, Eyes, Nose, Mouth

Anh Nguyen takes us down the most direct route to learning how to sculpt in ZBrush. Using a Sphere3D as his base, Anh dives right into sculpting his model using ZBrush’s various editing bushes.

Watch how Anh develops the forms of each facial feature and creates a realistic human face. Anh’s work was also used to illustrate the QuickStart: Sculpting Basics guide.

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Visit the ZClassroom :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: QUICKTIME 7 REQUIRED :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

anh_frntPiece.jpganh_THUMB.jpganh_demo_5.jpg

Cool! Thanks!!!

I can use all the help I can get in this area!!:smiley:

This is great!

I was hoping we would see something like this from Anh…:+1:

Why it has no sound and the video seems to be like in “fast forward”? It is hard to learn how to model an ear if you have something going so fast.:confused: But thx anyways!

javierloredo - There is no audio in the files. Also, it is speed up. You don’t really want to download 4 hours of video, do you? :slight_smile:

Off to the bottom left is a series of buttons that tell you when he is using different brushes. For example, most of the time he uses the standard brush but occassionally he will use the pinch brush.

You can watch the shelf to check his Z Intensity and other such things.

There really aren’t too many interface items to keep track of here.

The goal is to watch how he develops form and at what resolution level he starts to put more detail in.

Notice how in the beginning, with the resolution fairly low he blocks in the basic shape of the ear and then with more resolution he goes in to define the Helix and Antihelix.

These are as much a sculpting lesson, though with a Sphere 3D, as they are a lesson in using ZBrush. :slight_smile:

Ryan

This is just too much! Free plugins, Free pdf’s, tutorials, zsripts, high quality models, and now the " Artist in Action " series.
THANKYOU VERY MUCH to all participants who have worked to bring these learning aids free to ZBC!

Thanks Anh Nguyen, your demonstration has been usefull to me in clarifying the forms and approach to modelling the human ear.

Kircho

I’m looking forward to watching this as my ears have up till now been crap in Zbrush. :lol: So I can see this set being of use, so thanks :smiley:

Wayne…

Don’t get me wrong Ryan! Maybe you don’t need to download 4 hours of video tutorial bacause maybe you are more familiar with the software and have a better understanding of the software. Everybody has their own opinion and I think me as a person that is learning this program, it’s better to have sound or somebody explaining what he is modeling like Glen Southern tutorials. Im not comparing artist!!
I totaly understand that this is free, and let me tell you thx a lot to this people that put their time to help others without getting any profit out of it. I was just commenting about the sound thing and the speed of the file, which I found out how to fix it! Ok guys have a good one!!

Javi.

What codec do these 4 movies need? I can’t seem to view them, though I have no problem viewing all the other Artist-In-Action vids (as well as other QT movies)

I had the same problem, but as soon as I redownloded quicktime again (I already had the latest version) they worked fine. I’m not sure why they only work after re-downloading the same version of quicktime, but thats what worked for me.

Wayne…

I had the same problem and I did what DarthWayne did and worked fine for me too.

Hello All-

We are using H.264 Quicktime compression. You must have Quicktime 7 to view them. We are moving all of our movies to H.264 so this will soon be true for all the movies in the series. The quality and file size of H.264 is just unbeatable right now. :slight_smile: (Thanks Jason for the suggestion)

I am not sure why you would have to redownload QuickTime but thanks for posting the workaround DarthWayne. :slight_smile:

I am glad you guys like the series. Keep your eyes out for more. We will be expanding the ZClassroom and will keep you notified with posts in the forum. :slight_smile:

Ryan

Great stuff, Anh! It’s awesome to get an insight into the workflow of so many different artists - It’s great to see how people are approaching certain things. Gives me a lot of ideas about how to do stuff in the future.

Keep it coming! :slight_smile:

thanks guys! i love this forum, why wouldnt i? sharing is caring :smiley:

anguyen

Man I love your models! You are a super talented guy. Thanks for sharing :+1:

Kris

This ROCKS!!

Thank you !!

nice job anh, good work…hows the new gig?

another usefull video! very good :+1:

Awsome Vids!!

Could anyone check the link to the videos? It just takes me to the home page, and there’s no auto-download happening nor a link