ZBrushCentral

New plugins: Alpha & Texture Loaders (updated 11/11/2008)

[attach=21534]ATLThumb.jpg[/attach]

Drawing my inspiration from the [Gnomon Alpha Browser](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=27566)  released some weeks back, I've written these two plugins to enable you to browse and load images from your own library of alphas and textures. 

:large_orange_diamond: Quick access thumbnails of all your Alphas and Textures
          :large_orange_diamond: Uses your own folder and file names
          :large_orange_diamond: Up to 250 images per tab - 2,500 images in all for each loader
          :large_orange_diamond: Search for files by name
          :large_orange_diamond: Add files to 'Favorites' tab for batch loading by hotkey.

[attach=21537]grab02.jpg[/attach] 

As the loaders use your folder and file names, you can organize your library in a way that is meaningful to you, speeding your workflow. Tabs can be cleared at any time, so that new 'project' folders can be added as necessary. Files can be quickly loaded or selected as Favorites for batch loading at the start of a ZBrush session.

INSTALLATION:
         UNZIP the zip file to your ZStartup\ZPlugs folder (..\ZBrush2\ZStartUp\ZPlugs).
         You may need to create the ZPlugs folder if you have a new installation of ZBrush.

To install only one plugin: delete the .zsc file and data folder for the plugin you don't wish to install.

Restart ZBrush. You will find two new buttons: a "LoadAlphas" button in a new subpalette "Alpha Library" in the Alpha palette, and a "Load Txtrs" button in a new subpalette "Texture Library" in the Texture palette. You can Ctrl+drag the buttons to where you want on your interface and store the setting (Ctrl+Shift+I).

For full instructions download the LoaderInstructions_PDF zip.

Many thanks to spaz8 and Lemonnado for help with testing; special thanks also to aminuts and Svengali for testing and for some valuable suggestions.
         [color=Orange]
         <b>Updated for PC ZBrush 3.1 August 17 2007
        Updated for MAC ZBrush 3.12 November 11 2008

There are no enhancements, simply a few issues have been fixed including:</b></span>
  • [color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange][color=Orange]
  • Faster operation
  • Large image will display whole if original is square, otherwise it will display a portion at actual resolution
  • Assign any hotkey to load 'favorites'
  • Startup screen no longer called on exit
[color=Orange]
         Note: when adding alphas/textures to the loader, creating of thumbnails is memory intensive. Loading many images at one time may result in ZBrush popup info failing to display. Restarting ZBrush will correct this.</b></span>

Watch the Movie Below to understand how Alpha & Texture Loader works:

[attach=114512]AlphaTextureLoader.jpg[/attach]

Download [AlphaTextureLoaders_Mac.zip](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=114508) for the MAC Version

Download [AlpTxtrLoaders-3-1.zip](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=66082) for the PC Version

I hope you find the Alpha & Texture Loaders useful.

![AlphaTextureLoaderSmallicon.jpg|100x76](upload://yNqLhnHjOrrmMrjWKwaIJQWqBWY.jpeg)

Attachments

ATLThumb.jpg

grab02.jpg

AlphaTextureLoader.jpg

Super package Marcus! Very useful. Easy to use. ZScripts every ZBrusher will want. And here’s a little tip for installation:

I want the loader buttons handy and have found a most logical placement… that takes up NO extra real estate:

loader tip.jpg

Nice work!

Sven

You are all right Marcus…no matter what they say about ya!!:smiley:

great extension to work with z. thanks also to the testers for their effort.

ciao voolger

wow, another indespensable tool from the great marcus! this is good stuff.

Looks like version 2.5 is going to be delayed a bit more… or is this allready added ? It should be. Another classic ! Thanx!

WOW - very useful - :+1:
THX Marcus :smiley:

Great script!! Nice and basic! It should be nice to have a script like this for materials too.

Outstanding…was just wondering how to do this a couple of weeks ago

I so waited for this kind of plugin! Youre a genius :smiley:
Thanks alot!

heya marcus-dude, very, very useful plug, U r the man:sunglasses:

Thank you…:+1:

:+1:
Pilou
Marcus Aurelius :wink:

Pss Why not create a special Thread at ZBC
“A bank of Alpha textures” with just the file of alphas where all Zbrushers can load them?

big sigh of relief. We’ve waited so long for someone to create this little gem.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thankyou Marcus

El-d

Thank you Marcus. This is so helpful and comfortable to use. Thank you again.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks Marcus:+1:
I d buy u a beer man:sunglasses:

Extreme gratitude for another in a long list of items
you have contributed to the forum.
Hope in some ways you get back the time and effort
you have spent.

Soon they will call it “MarcusBrush”
Thanks.

A quantum leap buddy! This has been needed for so long, a way to organize your own files. I loved Zlist but you ended up with all these duplicated files and no way to distiquish them by filename. Hats off:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Pss Why not create a special Thread at ZBC
“A bank of Alpha textures” with just the file of alphas where all Zbrushers can load them?

That is a great idea Frenchy !!

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
THANKS!
ZLife will never be the same:D!
LemonNado

Thank you so much Marcus…great addition.

Word.