ZBrushCentral

"warlock" my newest work

Hey yo~I am ray chan form china, I like Zbrush very much. this is my first therad here, and this is my first finish work on zbrush. Before I finish this character I learned a lot skills here, so thanks to everybody who share experience here.
Ok, that talk about this character. This warlock was created by my memory of " war of warcarft" I am still not satisfy about this warlock, cause there is a lot of detial I haven’t make. so in this instance, this is unfinish work. But any way it’s the first full shape I created, so I want to show to every ZBers here.
If you have any idea or advice, please tell me ok? In this way I will do better in next wrok,thanks~

well it looks as if you used little to know symentry on the model i belive that it would turn out alot better if you did use it “if that was the initial idea” but well im no expert just throwing in my 2 cents

Pretty nice. Great for your first WIP post. Your next one will be twice as good. your learning the tricks of the tools.

symentry is boring =p. it just makes some stages easier.

:+1: Thank you for your opinions, but there is a question I am shame to ask, :cry: as it’s really easy for you all. Emmm~ any way, I have to ask, could you tell me what does "symentry " mean? I can’t find this word on dictionary.
About this character I creat two objects, one is corpse, the other is cloke. and mark object position each of them, at last I press (ctrl+n) to hide all objects and then use multimarkers to creat then both. Is it something wrong about my English…I am afraid, any way… I sorry about my English. Go on, I mean I creat a new object which contains corpse and cloke. And I found it still can be edited , so I adjust their position again to looks good, that’s all.
If you could tell me what does "symentry " mean Bustedshell, or RobCarIV, I could discuss more. So please tell me about it ok?
:+1: At last Thanks again, you give me confidence~
:smiley: I am working on my new character now, it’s a girl, Because my parents don’t like monsters.:frowning: vbmenu_register(“postmenu_242687”, true);

dont be ashamed to ask =p. You know TWO Languages, hehe. Most of us only know one =p.

symentry Is a very very great option. Basically, its like a mirror effect.
If you edit one side of your model, the other side would be edited the same way.
So if you draw an Eye, or Ear, or anything on the RIGHT half of the model.
the LEFT half would be edited also, in mirror, So basically it keeps yourmodel looking the same, on both sides.

You can Symetry , or Mirror on all 3 axis, or all 3 directions. X , Y and Z.
If you turn on X, or Y, the mirror effect will appear on the left or right,
if you turn on Z, it would mirror what ever you do to the Top half of your model to the bottom.

Ithink “Y” might be up and down mirror, Z may be front and back mirror, X is left and right, i think. I always have to try all 3 before i find the one i want.

To turn Mirror (symetry) ON, I think you just press X, Y, or Z on the keyboard.
then while your painting or editing the model. you will notice extra RED DOTS on the model , so you can see where the mirror image is editing.

playing with the Zbrush tools, is the best way to get a feel for just what they do.
After 10 or 20 hours of playing with diffrent tools, like “move” “raise, add” lower, subtract" to mold, or push around your model is the best practice you can get.

Once you get a better feel for just how the tools work, then you will start seeing alot better ways to build your models.

the more i use Zbrush, the more i love it.

:idea: Now I know what is “symetry”. It’s funny, I always use it with the short cut,:smiley: not only in Zbrush, but also 3DS Max or the other software. Emm… about symetry, it seems you have a little confuse about the axis in Zbrush. During these time I used Zbrush, I fround it in Zbrush the axis is depends on the object, I mean if you rotate the object the axis will be changed at the same time. I don’t know how to change the axis in Zbrush as in 3D Max… Do you know how to do it?:qu:

Yes~I am on my way, though there is some problem…but I always solves problem here. Just as several minutes ago:D