ZBrushCentral

50s Kid SKETCHBOOK and Jason's TOONSHADER experiment - Drawing Tool Kit

Working on trying to get a model look like a drawing and came up with this.

1. I imported an obj model and made a polymesh and geo divided it 2 times
  2. I loaded 50s Kid SKETBOOK (makes the models look like a drawing)
  3. Do a Best Render

THE SKETCHBOOK LEFT OUT SOME DETAIL I WANTED LEFT IN

LEAVE ZBRUSH AS IS AND LOAD JASON’S TOONSHADER

Jason’s Toonshader added some more detail without changing the color, etc

EXPORT THE DOC AS A PSD FILE

I am not sure what to do to save the doc - when I go to save the doc the doc looses 50s Kid SKETCHBOOK effect and defaults to Jason’s TOONSHADER.

Link to 50s Kid SKETCHBOOK
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=6894

Link to Jason’s TOONSHADER (about half way down the page)
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=21356&page=3&pp=15

:slight_smile:

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

hi spaceman,

some time ago…I think it was Fouad…posted an ink material that may have what you are looking for. When I get a second I’ll check my zb bookmarks and try to find it.

Ink Shader

you’ll find this ink shader from Aurick.
hope it will help you :wink:

Thanks aminuts and Fouad B for the ink material lnfo and link.
I have tried it and it gives and ink look or /and ink wash look.

The 50s Kid SKETCHBOOK with Jason’s TOONSHADER is giving more of a penciel drawing effect and/or fine line drawing effect.

I edited the first post to add the step of Best Render.

if you look at the attributes of each material…I bet you can nail down a combo that would be exactly what you are looking for in one step. worth a try and ya might learn something in the process…then you’ll have to share it with us:D

aminuts

I have created some zscripts combining the two Sketchbook and Toonshader) and when played back does not complete the result showing in the image of the two combined I posted. Making the zscripts has come up with zmt that is included in 50s Kid Sketchbook called - NO.2 PENCIL.ZMT so the first time you run the zscript save the material NO.2 PENCIL.ZMT. I have uploaded a zscript called draw2 for those who would like to try it. To use the zscript you have to have 50s Kid SKETCHBOOK (and as I said above a saved copy of 50s NO.2 PENCIL.ZMT from his SKETCHBOOK) and Jason’s TOONSHADER and when you run the zscript when asked to load a ztool ztl cancel it then you will later be asked to load NO.2 PENCIL.ZMT load it - when the zscript is completed re-load Jason’s TOONSHADER. When I made the zscripts for some reason ZBrush does not do the Jason’s TOONSHADER it asks for NO.2 PENCIL.ZMT so that is why the re-load of Jason’s TOONSHADER.

If this can be figured out I think it might make a cool plug-in.

After trying the zscript post your image(s)

:slight_smile:

Here is another image

Attachments

Untitled1 copy.jpg

Using a different model

Attachments

dolphin1.jpg

Hey, I stumbled across these today while following links from Slosh’s gallery.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showpost.php?p=75932&postcount=50

Haven’t had time to play yet, but they look interesting.

another Jaycephus special…PencilSketch material

I love the ink shader for creating simple and basic forms. Great for basic icons for example.

e.g.

cart.gif

Nice worke Spaceman, missed you around here. Thanks for the mention. If you give me a better idea of what you want I can probably mod a shder in my batch or provide you with one that des what you would like. Must have something around here somewhere. :wink:

billrobertson42 thanks for the link and example

aminuts thanks again for another link

Jason thanks (I saw F4 - cool movie)

Maybe this image can explain what I would like

Attachments

Untitled-2a.jpg

Hi there, Spaceman, you’ve got a really nice combo effect going there. I really like that last render, fine lines with subtle shading. :+1: 50.

let me know if this one is close…it’s one mat with 50’s light but am working on a mat combo that will work for ya…let me know if it’s close to what you want so I can adjust it.

Attachments

ZGrab01.jpg

50s Kid thanks :slight_smile: Just experimenting with yours and Jason’s creations - they are cool.
I added a default material to the model after appling the combo and with the soft pastel like colors shows off the line details. NOTE: I made the model into a ploymesh but did not divide the geo. The shaders added more details.

aminuts that is a cool:) shader - I wouldn’t throw that one away. It is very unique in the shading and drawing. Would you mind posting that one. It might not be the pencil effect I am looking for but it looks like it would be a unquie shader to experiment with:)
I like the rubed pencil effect but for a closer pencil effect I think the shadows are a little dark and thick.

Attachments

lady.jpg

alien.jpg

ok here ya go…two materials…slightly different

use 50’s kid sketch light …to tweak just play with the blend curve in s1 slot…i think you can nail what you want there.

[ZGrab02.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘23038’,‘ZGrab02.jpg’,1,0))

have fun!

Fun Stuff to play with. ;):+1:

[zorahm-sketch.jpg]

he looks pretty cool with that material Mahlikus!

aminuts those are some cool shaders:) thanks for posting them. Moving the s1 blend really chages the effect thanks for the tip:) That 01 shader is awesome :+1:

Mahlikus :sunglasses: shading any tips on how you did it.