ZBrushCentral

Vlad The Impaler

Hi friends…this is my latest work. I made this mainly for a contest named Charactr Caught in Motion running on www.cgunderground.com
http://www.cgunderground.com/contests/cm_finalist.php

I won the First prize today…and heavily used Zbrush2 for this project. Awesome tool which helped me a lot to express my creative thoughts digitally. So posting it here…as this is one of the biggest zb community…hope you like it and post your comments.

Softwares used: Maya, Zbrush2, Photoshop

High Res Image 4000 pix
http://www.harshcg.com/stuff/vlad/vlad_wallpaper_4000.jpg

Clay Renders

Ambient Occlusion Pass

Hope you enjoy it… :slight_smile:
Harsh.vlad_wallpaper_1200.jpgvlad_occlusion_1000.jpgvlad01_nov24.jpgvlad02_nov24.jpgvlad03_nov22.jpg

Attachments

vlad_wallpaper_1200.jpg

A hunting gnomes we will go… Man looks great!

wow i like it. the only critic i have is that in the main image the blood splatter thing looks a bit cheesey :slight_smile:

Great pose and setting! I second the blood comment, but I think it’s because they are perfect circles and clear. Maybe if blurred a bit and stretched into streaks…Regardless, great work! :+1:

:smiley: Holy ****… looks awesome :+1:

thanks a lot guys for liking…and yes blood is not that good as it is post effect…thanks anyways and a VERY HAPPY NEW 2006 TO EVERYONE :smiley:

…great composition, super shot:sunglasses: :+1:
(background is awsome…)

it is really nice but in the color version look at the feet there is no shadow in the floor of them or at least look like hes pasted in there , me thinks.

Harsh,
Great composition! There’s lots of passion in this work. I’m sure the rest of us are glad that you answered that challenge :lol: . Any more challenges in your immediate future?

really great! I think the blood looks great, but the blade looks really thick and blunt. Besides that, very impressive!

wanderfull :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: ohh man:grimacing:

wow i loved the final look of things, really nice details and dynamic pose, alsome work mate

did you happen to use the McFarlane Toy of Vlad as reference.

WOOW…thanks for the top row guys…appreciate it…hehe
i know there are few things that cud have been better…like you said sword blade, blood, composition…but time was running by and i had to finish it before comptetion deadline…so :roll_eyes:

hyper1: yeah this was my first official participation in any challenge and i’m happy i won first position :smiley: but dont have any plans for any contests now…just wanna chill for some time…hehe

neuroticgothguy: yes this is the toy that mainly inspired me to make this in CG. I love McFarlane toys and even though i was inspired with the toy, i changed it little bit design wise as thought the changes i did looks better than toy. Like Cloth, armour, textures, environment and stuff. Hope i achieved it :lol:
Thanks a lot again…here some wireframes…

![wireframe01.jpg|779x770](upload://p5WrMh6P75TpYl2g69kcExmC7qv.jpeg)![wireframe03.jpg|968x775](upload://eNsq9JwmFeMjna6fn7AR3eoaCk9.jpeg)

Fantastic detail on the clothes! Congratulations on the win!

Congrats on winning the contest, Bro. Outstanding composition and lighting here. The paintjobs is nice also…:smiley: Armor detailing is gorgeous…

Great work!

Dickie

:+1: congratulations

Great first submission. I’d like to some seriously dense feature details added in a future version, but for a first time submission it’s outstanding. :smiley:

Nice work.

Just a remark abt the comp: I can’t see what he’s slashing at… can’t be the hand reaching up from the hole?

thanks LynneMitchell, Dickie, Strannik, wierdPal, MrLearner
MrLearner: yes he is reaching for the hand…so that guy cannot come out :lol:

thanks a lot again and i appreciate your words :smiley: