ZBrushCentral

dobermann Pinscher

Hey guys,
This is my first model in z brush…its a model of a dobermann pinscher…let me know what you guys think
all c&c is welcomerender_02.jpg

Attachments

render_01.jpg

Looks like a good clean model…no Zbrush lumps on this model… i like the rib-cage on the dog, …if its a high-poly model perhaps some small veins on the muscles !
like on a “dry” body-builder !

jantim

A dry bodybuilder, there’s an image…:smiley:

The model lacks muscle mass & tone IMO, I have a Wiemaraner which is very similar to a Doberman pinscher in terms of looks & build & muscle definition is very obvious even when he’s chillin’ out, which isn’t often…

I like what you’ve done so far but feel more muscle tone is the way to go…:cool:

looking really nice ! : )
It would be great if you could post some close up’s of the head ?

…seems always in the starting blocks :smiley:
That gives a curious position of it posterior legs :slight_smile:

hello! it’s a nice model!
but maybe u should arrange this! it’s too muchh extruded giving it too big shoulders!(or maybe he makes body building) :stuck_out_tongue: the muscles are too big ;)!

[attach=242240]shoulders.jpg[/attach]

and make it looks more like this:

[attach=242250]dobermann.jpg[/attach]

and moving this little bit backward so we can see its chest

[attach=242260]dobermann2.jpg[/attach]

The rest is perfect!:+1:

Very nice. :+1: Was this done with ZSpheres or other method? It would be great to see various stages of the process. Jantim is right about more defined muscles. It would really make this model stand out. I had a Dobie when I was little. They have very little body fat and with the fine, short, shiney fur the muscle definition really stands out. The stance is perfect. Mine allways looked like he was spring loaded and ready to explode. Which he was.

Great model! Only thing I’d have as comments are that the chest is a tad to wide, the upper front legs integrate earlier into the body, and the ‘attachment’ is a bit more parallel to the body than on your model. Poor guy can hurt himself badly jumping that fence 8-)))).
Lemo

I have a feeling there is a funny personal story behind your observation…please share this moment with your friends , Lemo…:smiley:

jantim

head.jpg hi guys,
Thanks for all the replies…yup…i think he needs more muscle…will work on it and post some updates soon…
jantim and Buckie thanks for the info and tht comments.

Frenchy Pilou: Thanks man!

lemonnado: Thanks for the crits…yeah and share the story with us!!

Blaine91555: Thanks for the comments and the info!! simple base mesh was created in max and the details were added in zbrush

thomas_bijoy: Bambi Thomas…ur first post and in this thread… I am honored!!:slight_smile:
here are some closeups of the head…need to still detail out the face a little more!!

I love to see such a clean model ! ( Im a sloppy SOB!!)
Patton

Ready to run. :+1:

The edge profiles are very nice. Noble- like the breed! Can’t wait to see more.

Nice work. I had a dobermann for many years, they are lovely dogs. This is a great model but you might want to look at a couple of things. The ears are very long. Although this isn’t impossible, dobermann’s ears are naturally floppy and are cropped and taped-up when they are puppies to get them like this. Mostly they are somewhat shorter than you have:
http://www.dobermanclub.org/Buying_Puppy/ears.html

Also take a look at the back legs. The lower section looks a touch short to me:
http://www.dobermann.com/welpen/miratio/puppies.htm

HTH,