ZBrushCentral

Smiling Man-Uptated Again_1/8/06

I am making another head but I am having some problems with the eyes. I think the lids look good, but the eyes wont position correctly in them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[attach=24262]dragon008.JPG[/attach]

[attach=24264]dragon010.JPG[/attach]

Here is the full head modeled from Zspheres…

[attach=24263]dragon009.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

dragon008.JPG

dragon009.JPG

dragon010.JPG

Eye spheres need to be bigger. You would be amazed by the size of them, like icebergs, we only see small part of them. Also be sure that from a top view, your lids are well curved to fit the roundness of the eyeball.

When I make the eyes bigger they just spill out over the sides.

[attach=24267]dragon011.JPG[/attach]

Here we go, I added more depth to the eye socket and it seams to be working alot better now. Thanks for your help.

[attach=24270]dragon012.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

dragon011.JPG

dragon012.JPG

Move your eyeballs back and rescale them in sort that their diameter are larger than the lids’ gaps. If they still pass through your geometry, you’ll probably have to make more curved eyelids to fit the curve of the eyballs.
Then it’s just a matter of fittings ^^

Mask the sphere, and move the geometry of the lid till it fits your eye. You never wanna make your eye fit the lid, the lid should fit the eye.

Thanks for your help guys, here is an uptated version.

dragon013.JPG

Attachments

dragon014.JPG

dragon015.JPG

Head.JPG

what a difference a month makes eh? Way to go!! This latest version is looking much better!!! Keep going!

Just shows…practice makes pervert… erm… perfect.

Another little uptate, did some tweaking, along with adding wrinkles and teeth.(I have never made teeth before so they look pretty sloppy.)

dragon016.JPG

Next I am going to refine the wrinkles and do the really high level detail details through a bump map.

Attachments

dragon017.JPG

dragon019.JPG

Here’s another uptate…

dragon029.JPG

Any comments and questions are very welcome.

dragon033.JPG

You’ve come a long way from that first head. hehe

Um, my only critique is that his cheeks (by the mouth edges) are too far away from the mouth edges. Makes it seem as if he has long muscles by them pushing the cheeks back.

Otherwise, it looks good to me.

Tim