ZBrushCentral

Soft gradient backgrounds using a Cyclorama -Newbie tip

More a tip for newbies:

Another way to add a soft natural gradiated background to images is the studio photographers trick of a curved background plane receding from the viewer. This is often called a “cyclorama”.

The ring 3d tool can be used - set to 180 degrees - then stretch it’s width so it’s like a curved canvas. You may want to experiment with other curve parameters for different effects.

In this very quick (and dog rough) example above everything is on one layer.
However setting the cyclorama to a back layer and baking it without the other layers showing will stop it from recieving shadows from layers and objects infront. Graze spotlights could also be used and baked as part of the cyclorama background. These throw highlights in the background against the main shadows creating by the fill light and will therefore accentuate the forms of the objects.

Hope this may be of use and interest to some folk.
Cyclorama sketch

Thanks for the imformation Boozie! Glad to see you sharing your secrets…now about how you get that dreamy softness to all your work… :wink:

Hi Boozzy
Do you know Castorama ? :smiley:
Pilou
Ps Nice gradient trick of a photographer or movie maker…

Thanks Pilou that will come in handy for my DIY. The garden shed looks good too. :wink:

Hi Boozzy
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I wish that your trick of the jigsaw is in a good stride, I don’t want dirty the circus ring :cool:
Another very good “montage” and hilarious !
And I see that you have a good use of the ZBC research :smiley:
Pilou
Ps Maybe you should indicate :ex: Warning Not for sensible person :smiley:
Pss Can you make a little background less “clinic” ?
I am not in a very confortable position so I should prefer a pleasant environment :slight_smile:
White is bad for my fresh-complexioned :wink:

I bring you comfort and a more flattering colour scheme to compliment your complexion. Now can I saw you in half?

Whouaaaaa … mummmmmmmm !
Now it’s more confortable and restful for the eyes !
I expect the worst :smiley:
But I am a good loser :slight_smile:
Have a good following the line :smiley:
I am waiting with anxiety the next stage :wink:
I don’t know in what hemisphere you are, but now I can go to sleep with my little cloudy cotton “pillow” Thx :smiley:
Pilou :cool:
Ps The “Script” police is charming and make a very strong effect with the dramatic situation : powerful of the “opposites” :smiley:

Lol, you guys are hilarious. :smiley:

PS boozy, I can’t see the cyclorama in your scene. Sounds like a foreign concept in Zbrush, I will need more explanations. I can’t quite see the effect although I see the spots?

Hi Boozzy
I have all understand !
You are a repressed fan of Tobe Hooper :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
And your film cult is The Texas Massacre Chainsaw :smiley:
But you are prudent and sophisticated, so you use electricity and small machine :rolleyes:
You must compensate by making lovely paintings :slight_smile: :smiley: :eek:
Have a nice days week end!
Pilou :cool:

gummie, here’s a diagram to explain what I mean about setting the scene using a cyclorama on a background layer - the previous images of Pilou above contain no cyclorama they are merely a quick visual response to Pilou’s posting. Sorry if these were misleading.

Me like! :+1: :+1: :+1: :} Jim

thanks for the great tip! i tried something similar with the terraintool’s “inside” (no, not dividing Pilou :D) but this looks much more reasonable.

• juandel

Hi Boozzy
Now HG Wells and the Time machine :smiley:
Louis XIV :cool:
Magnificus periwig and somptuous making up :smiley:
Bravo !
Pilou

Now see how cute I’ve made you. This is a WIP dedicated to your feminine doppelganger.
:wink:

lol

Hi Boozzy
My dictionnary has not doppelganger :frowning:
It’s double chin ?
Sure You right,I must make a diet :smiley:
Bravo again !
My car is royal isn’t it ? :slight_smile:
Pilou
Ps
About Hg Wells explore this
amazing site its’s a must !

Very interesting and creative! :slight_smile: :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley:

Frenchy - ofcoarse your car is Royal. I’d give you nothing less.
The link is very interesting. Great to see the progression of the bookjackets over a hundred years. :+1:

Frenchy - the doppleganger is a fantastical creature that can take the form of any other, it’s most accurate description is a shape shifter. :slight_smile:

i was wondering what a doppelganger could be too :slight_smile: