ZBrushCentral

No IPress,Texture:FillLayer?!?!?

Clicking the fill layer button in the texture pallete, zb reports as [IPress, Color:FillLayer], although the texture is clearly filling the layer and the button pressed was not in the color palette. Copy this into my script, and it will, as expected, fill layer with the color only and no texture. So I try rewriting it to Texture:filllayer, and zb can’t find it and fails loading the script :td:

Odd though that the other buttons report as Texture:CropAndFill, etc.

Can anyone help? This just a bug of 2.0? Is there any workaround?

-wes.

I am not sure how you got that zscript command from pressing the Texture > CropAndFill button. With me it records exactly that, Texture > CropAndFill.

The Color > FillLayer and Layer > Fill perform the same function. They fill the current layer with the current color or texture, and the current material. If no texture is selected they will use the current color. Both buttons are affected by Texture > Cd (Clear Depth).

Texture > CropAndFill acts in the same way except that you can only fill with a texture and material as the button is not active when no texture is selected. Furthermore it also crops the document size to the texture size and is affected by Texture > Cd.

But you probably knew all of the above.

I am guessing you have confused the shortcuts for CropAndFill with the shortcut for the other fill buttons. Ctrl+Shift+F vs. Ctrl+F.

Let me clarify, when pressing on “Fill Layer” (not cropandfill) in the TEXTURE palette, zb reports back[IPress, Color:FillLayer]

Which is identical report as when pressing Fill Layer on the color palette. I would expect like the other texture buttons, that instead of Color:n it would be Texture:n

And as you say CropAndFill works just fine, as do the rest of the buttons on the texture palette. Just not the "Fill Layer: one… at least for me. Try it out and let me know how it works for you… I did have a basic material and that mountain texture selected and in the script it fills flat red color (or white or whatever is current) instead of the texture.

Thanks TV eyes
-wes.

Ahh, that is the problem. I do not have a Texture > FillLayer button. That button does not exist on a default zbrush 2.0 install.

Seeing as it presses Color > FillLayer, the Texture > FillLayer is sure to be a Zplugin you have installed. What does the pop up window say when you CTRL + hover over the button?

If you need to start ZBrush without any Zstartup Zplugins you can press and hold the SHIFT key immediately after launching ZBrush. The Texture > FillLayer button will then be gone.

Did you look on the texture flyout from the icon on the left margin? This button also does not show up in the Texture menu from the top, just the texture flyout on the side. As you said, maybe it’s from projection master or zapplink or something, so I’ll try that next, but let me know if it does show up for you in the other texture palette.

Thanks TV

-wes.

Doh, I can see it in the flyout window, I only looked through the texture palette before.

Buttons in flyout windows are merely instances of buttons from the various palettes. The Alpha flyout window has the Texture > CropAndFill button for example. The palettes at the top of the interface should be considered an interface items true “home”. Flyout windows are not palettes.

Also remember you can find out where an interface items belongs by holding CTRL and hovering over the button. The interface path of the item is shown below.

Alternatively you can ALT + Click an interface item to expand/contract the palette it belongs to.

Thanks for all the info TV, I’ll see if I can workaround the problem by using the layer:fill instead of the color:fill.

-wes.

If you look at the ID number for the buttons, the number is the same for the one in the Color palette and in the Texture pop-up. This means that it’s actually the same button in two places.

The FillLayer button first examines whether a texture is selected or not. If one is not selected, it will fill with the current color. If a texture is selected, it will fill with the texture instead.

The problem you’re encountering is that your script is not specifying a texture before it does the IPress