ZBrushCentral

Hot Air Balloon

I’m brand new to ZBrush. Just using demo at the moment. My brother is looking for a 3D program that can create realistic hot air balloon models and the ability to map different graphic patterns on to them. If ZBrush can do it, I can convince him to buy the program. :wink: (Only need the balloon parts just now. Will worry about the baskets later.) Can anyone help me convince him that this is the program for the job? The balloon needs to have the standard vertical orange peel segments with a bit of shape (like this: http://www.photohome.com/pictures/hot-air-balloon-pictures/balloon-2a.jpg ) and the image mapping needs to follow the form at various angles.
Instructions to get me started on this little project would be greatly appreciated. Would love to see a few of your attempts at it.
Just discovered ZBrush this week, and I’m getting addicted fast!!
Cheers! Banjo.

Like this:?
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=25016&page=1&pp=15&highlight=balloon
Lemo

this :smiley:

zzzzzzzzz.jpg
About 10 minutes with the Curve Profile tool, column masking and then deformed with the inflate and smooth tools. Any texture can be applied and it will follow the contours. Try starting with the bamboo tutorial in the Practical Guide and it will explain about the masking. The seams in the cloth could also be added the same way without much effort.

I’ve not been the owner of a PC for long and ZBrush2 was my 1st introduction to 3D. I’ve recently been working with c4d to get a different approach to 3D, and it has really helped me to understand the whole concept behind the 3D engine. Although not an expert at either and far from it, from what I have seen at ZBrushCentral, and through my small experience it seems to me that ZBrush makes for a more realistic, non-symetrical looking model, (IF YOU WANT IT TO). That’s my advice really, I reckon because of the way ZBrush works, stuff done in / through ZB, make for a more real-feeling model, as opposed to a 3D GFX model (…though not bad either !!!)