ZBrushCentral

TextureMaster problem

Hi all,

I’m not sure what the issue is, but I keep running into the same problem and I was hoping someone out there could help me out. The problem doesn’t happen every time, say perhaps 50/50. When texturing an object with Texture Master, I find that the work isn’t always pasted back onto the object when I pick it. The problem often seems to go away, though, if I select the Back+Front option, which obviously I don’t always want.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Hi Lazarus
It’s not so bad 1/2, make two paintings, you will sure to make one good :wink:
Don’t offense (I am joking).
Can you give some example image ?
Pilou

Yeah man, you gonna have to clarify a bit. Post some images before and after picking. You can press the Print Screen key (next to F12) to take screenshots. Thats if you dont know already. Are you trying to paint materials?

I"ve had the exact same thing happen. In my case, pressing the B+F button doesn’t seem to do anything (double check that later, if time permits).

What seems to be the consistent thing, for me, is trying to texture the second/third tool in the same ZBrush session, going into TM will be just fine, then when I choose “pick” TM does its thing, but when it’s all done, nothing happens to the tool. My fix is to quit ZBrush, restart ZBrush and reload the tool(s) I want to texture and then use TM.

hth

mr

stares with blank look at screen
blink
blink

I havent had any problems. I pressume I am the wrong person to help. Sorry yall. :frowning:

UpGrade To TextureMasterRevF
(F)

Okay now that alone has totally scrambled my brain. Dude the new demo and full version have RevF.
If you dont have it, you dont have ZBrush…lol.

+Lazarus+
didn’t say what Version he was using or did he? :roll_eyes:
a bud of mine pointed it out if you take Version E and use it in the new version your going to have the same problems that +Lazarus+ was talking about.
just because the new version came with TextureMasterRevF doesn’t mean he is using it. :+1:

my new pair of shoes came with a new pair of socks.
i perfer my old socks with my new shoes
:smiley:
it depends what you pefer
E or F

A common mistake after upgrading to version 1.55b IS to bring your existing ZScripts across to the new version without first making sure that the script hasn’t been updated.

TextureMaster rev F is located in the ZScripts\Utilities\TextureMaster folder. You can also get to it through the Utilities section of the DefaultZScript. If you are using any other revision letter, the script will not work correctly in the current version of ZBrush.

B.i.n.g.o ^^^^
If you are using any other revision letter, the script will not work correctly in the current version of ZBrush

shakes head
I can understand one overlooking the script transfering. Word of advice, when transfering anything from one version to another, I suggest making folders with the proper version appended to the name (I.E. ZScripts-151, ZTools-123b). Then just weed out what isnt needed. This should avoid such problems in the future.

Sorry for the assumption ZBuddie/lazarus. Just seemed od…thats all.

(meekly raising hand…)

I understand the importance of “clean installs” and when I downloade ZBrush 1.55b, I immediately removed the files that I created from the ZBrush directory and deleted my old install of ZBrush. I had the original Zip/Sit files of those ZScripts in a separate directory (on another drive).

I then installed the ZSphere symetricy (sp) and Material List ZScripts into the new clean and untouched ZBrush|ZScript directory.

My version of TM is the F revision, and I still have the problem that +Lazarus+ describes: Using TM to drop/then paint a texture/pick up/then having TM do it’s thing and ba-bing it’s as if I never Used TM at all!

It tends to happen to me, after a longish ZBrush session (>4 hours) or after more than 2 tools having been created and saved. I’m tending to use canvases of 1400 to 1500 square when using TM (I get more details in my mapping that way).

Usually quitting ZBrush and starting it up, then loading the tools I want to Texturize with TM always (so far…) solves this problem.

I tried to play around with settings, but It’s just faster to quit and restart ZBrush instead of playing sleuth.

mr

This isn’t a TextureMaster problem, but is instead most likely caused by an overlooked setting. An example is if you have mistakenly pressed Draw>ZSub before dropping the model for texturing.

If you press Pick and the texture remains unchanged, do the following:

1. Without moving the model, look for the modifier (such as ZSub) that is causing the problem and choose the correct setting.
  2. Press Drop in TextureMaster and then execute 2 Undos (Ctrl+Z). The canvas should now be exactly as it was before pressing Pick.
  3. Press Pick. If you have correctly adjusted the modifiers in step 1, the texture will now be updated. If it still doesn’t copy, go back to step 1. :slight_smile:

thanks for the info, Aurick, will try it as soon as the problem happens…knowing how these things work, now that there’s a solution, it won’t happen again. :wink:

mr

Cool, so many replys.

Right, first things first, I am using the full version of 155b and not any other version. The problem happens regardless of whether I have zsub or zadd selected or not - or any other setting for that matter. I don’t think an example is required, I paint on the object, and if B+F is on then it applies the changes, otherwise it doesn’t. Anyway, nevermind. I’m sure I’ll solve it eventually.

Thanks everyone for your comments.