ZBrushCentral

Aviator Model

Hey all,

I am new to Zbrush Central and pretty new to Zbrush. This is a character I have been building for my demo reel. I mainly used Zbrush to detail him up. I hope to add a face rig to animate him. Let me know what you guys think so far. Thanks!

• Brent
![aviator.jpg|623x714](upload://e4tDvwtMX73IULNxhelyTXzUTce.jpeg)

I would really like to know what you used to model it? I am guessing 3DS? and exactly what detail did you add with z-brush? hair, wrinkles, color?

either way, and insane picture now doubt!

Buenísimo.:+1: :+1: :+1:

very cool pic, really love the style and rendering. we need more details following the realisation of such a piece. base mesh, texture, render… I want the crispy details:grimacing: :grimacing:
5 stars:+1:

It would take something that was unique and had class to motivate me to
write in.

You just did it.
David

Great stuff! Hope we get to see the animation or at least a snippet!

Nice! REAL nice! I can’t really think of one thing that would improve that image and got to admit that I love it. A perfect mix of characature and stylism. Great colors used in this as well I may add. So here’s 5 stars from me (I’m suprised you’ve not got a lot more mate!) I’d love to see this on top row.

Wayne…

Wooot!!!
Very nice men…the details on this char is outstanding!
Keep up this GREAT work!..very inspiring!:+1:

coooooool !!!
really great character !
congrats, top work

Excellent! He looks as if he saw a ZBrush Monster flying by at 2500ft…
Lemo

Hey All,

Thanks for the great compliments / comments.

Spaceghost… I used XSI to model as much as I could and then used Zbrush to bump and texture map details on all the objects. XSI was also used for all the hair simulation as well as the built in Mental Ray render.

Aminuts… I hope to have enough time to face rig him or give him a little more life by animating a smile and maybe some a cool wink.

The original concept was done by Roundeye. My main goal was to take a 2D concept and transfer it into 3D and allow it to work at all angles.

Thanks again for the feedback and here are a couple shots of the wires as well as the original concept drawing.

![aviator_wires01.jpg|815x437](upload://nzwpinrC5fV4Ro900oGEcQ69vyU.jpeg)![aviator_wires02.jpg|815x437](upload://74to63rzumyqc8BGzOtmGGdVtjY.jpeg)![roundeye.jpg|432x491](upload://bwwpeO2uzrUHgYbhbJxPMvkS5yu.jpeg)

I’d love to be able to accomplish work like that… maybe one day :+1:

have to say the more I look at it the more I love the textures. ya did a great job of grabbing the mood of the concept sketch.

Here’s to hoping for a wink!:wink:

Man~ That’s so awesome!
You have such a strong sense of doing stylied characters.
And you are not afraid of posting its original concept, your guy looks exactly the same as its original concept drawing.

Some more things that could make it a little bit better maybe~
you could make his beard longer and curlier and you may want him to have straggling hair sticks out from his helmet. And you could play with lighting to make it moodier.

Those are my suggestions if I’m being super picky.
your piece is super good so I guess you don’t even think about what I said. you deserve 5 stars.

Awesome! I love the concept painting!
Lemo

Very good,
Congratulations

nice work it’s fun :+1:

Snoopy: Excellent Work!! I was going to do this character a while ago, as this is my favorite Roundeye piece. You did it great justice…:smiley:

5 Stars and a big congrats on top row. It’s deserving…:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Dickie

:+1: Awesome~ I maked five star without doubt. finally Ya did .

Myungsu

Well done :+1: