ZBrushCentral

slimy tentacles / SSS Research and Materials

aheyho friends,

i was just playing around with materials and lighting and used Zbrush for quickly sculpting some tentacles to test it. Nothing special, but i did like it in the end, Regards, Thomaskl <!--[attach=26196]bild129.jpg[/attach]--> <!--[attach=26243]Alien_genital.jpg[/attach]-->![bild129.jpg|1000x466](upload://iG2O0zhShxdK3LBXf4rZTW1U1fL.jpeg)

eewwwwww!!
Nice, but disgusting lol!
VEry nice rendering… What is it?

I like very much the environment of the picture. It’s very good. Really ! :+1:

Great work:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: Love the realism and composition. How did you acheive the translucence

thx, well, i am currently rendering a new one with some more detail and little better composition. Will take till tomorrow, i think.
Well, the Transluescency is done by backlighting the object. Reallly takes much longer rendertimes and a lot of samples, but i think its quite cool. That was my goal, while playing with materials. Getting that holy-voodoo SSS under control…
regards,
thomas

Wow, looks real!! what are you rendering in?

Patton

oh, i forgot to mention. .Vray in Max :slight_smile:
SSS is done in Vray by blurrying Refractions and some fog inside the object.

regars,
thomaskl

Hmmmm SUSHI!
:smiley:
Lemo

:+1: Nice material and render

amazing render man !!

it’s real ! great :+1:

Looks nice ! Could we see some wires or another angle ? :slight_smile:

Bye !

:o :o :o :o o~~~!I like texture . :+1: :+1: :grimacing: surprise~~

awesome (slimey) scattering! cooool!

Now THAT is good use of SSS. Beautiful render and lighting…:+1:

Dickie

Thanks for your words :slight_smile:
Here is the latest rendering from tonight, which took about 9 hours. Well, it became a little confusing for the eyes. Think its too much detail this time…:-/
But its fun playing with these shaders,

Wireframe:

render:

Regards,
ThomasklAlien_genital_Wire_.jpgAlien_genital.jpg

If you can be more specific regardng the details of the render that would be very appreciated.
eg could you show us the m aterial settings and the render settings in vray etc.

Thanx :smiley:
PS I assume you realise that you should offer this stuff for scientific visualisation or even medical - there’s money in them there catagories hehe.

ok, its a quite easy setup. Just the geometry and a backlight, opposite of the camera. The Material is just a diffuse-Color with glossy refraction, transluescency and fog color. I added some glossy reflection, to add some more color variation by using a spherical HDRI Image.
GI is enabled but only with “low” settings.

I will make a small Scene with the material included. Regards,
Thomas

material.jpg

ok, here is the max file. Its max7 and Vray 1.47.03. You can use any HDRI you want to use, i just switched to the famous kitchen_probe. :slight_smile:
Regards,

ThomasSSSextrem.zip (56.9 KB)

Hey Thomas: it looks exactly disgusting I like:D :sunglasses:

Keep it up…

Hey Thomas,

never saw such a beautiful cloesup of an Alien organ before.
Looks fantastic, tastes delicious I guess.

Cheers

tim