ZBrushCentral

Likeness sketches update

I have decided to do some likeness models to improve my skills. I wont be doing any high detail work on them. Here is the first one, hint: in life he has hair

Bush.jpg

another

bruce.jpg

The last one looks like Lex… :wink:

I agree with Jason on the Lex look-a-like. :lol:
Out of curiosity, is the shader you’re using one of the default zbrush ones or is it one I can find somewhere? I like how easy on the eyes it is to look at. :cool:

sorry, my ability to model a likeness is pretty much crap. The first one is bush, the second is bruce willis, and this one is some random face off the internet. I think I am slowly getting better… The lights are dickies lights, and the shader is a modification of dickies space marine skin shader.

poope.jpg

Attachments

profile.jpg

Ah, I can see the Bruce Willis one, now that you point it out. :smiley:
Don’t worry about your ability to model likeness… I’m sure it’s just like developing an ability to draw likeness on paper- you have to practice it a lot before you get the hang of including the really small details that make that person look like themself. :+1:

Thanks for your kind words Tidalias. By the way, If you ever need to fix something because the model became asymetrical, you can mask the good side of the model, and then hit smart resym under the deformations pallett.

This isn’t really a likeness attempt, but an experiment with using a sphereized cube as a starting mesh, instead of zspheres, I found it alot more enjoyable, but hard to get a good eye area, because i didnt set up any edge loops like I do with zspheres.

insaneo.jpg