ZBrushCentral

Low res in max to High res in ZBrush

Hi, I´ve been quite busy lately and i haven´t been able to do that much at home, but anyway i finally started another model.
I´ve been asked many times how much detail i add in max and how low/high are my meshes once i export them into zbrush. With this model I wanted to show that you don´t need a really high mesh to work with zbrush, since i´ve seen a lot of people using zbrush to add just a few details like skin porus and small wrinkles etc, i think the true power of zbrush lies in the ability to sculpt from the begining, not just add details…anyway here is what i got so far, hope i will be able to keep this model going cos i don´t have that much time now :((
C&C are welcome as usual, but keep in mind that is still a wip… thanks!

and here is what i have so far, all done in zbrush from the base mesh.

Im planing on doing a tutorial soon if people is interested enough, thanks!

[

](http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%2727291%27,%27ZBCImage1.jpg%27,1,0%29)
cage_demonman.jpgdemonman_test_24_ups.jpgdemonman_test_25.jpg

AH AH AH very very very Cool good job ! ! ! !

Holy ****! i didnt know you could do that from a square like the base mesh is! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

How I said on cgtalk, it’s amazing. Anatomy, proportions I’ve liked everything.

I think that’s top row material, no? Congrats

Alan

Tupac Thanks man, hope to see ur model finished soon
Ciroman, that was the idea of posting this, to show that u don’t need a dense mesh to start working in zbrush, zbrush is much more than just add skin details!
alancamara Thanks dude, glad u liked it!

Nice anatomy man, really natural looking!!! I know what you mean about being able to sculpt from a box, but is seems like even at Level 2 that wouldnt really be an ideal mesh to anitmate, mainly in the shoulder/arm joint, seems like some remeshing would be involved, but maybe not, what does your mesh look like at subDivision 2, is it something you would consider animatable??? Just curiouse cause I use that approach alot of being very basic at level 1, knowing that Im gonna animate and render level 2 once Im done sculpting, Again, rocking anatomy man!!!

holy crap TuPac IS ALIVE and he is here on the Zbrush forums, man I knew this place was blow’N up but DAMN!!!

lol yep man, sometimes u can even see elvis in here :grimacing:

Men thats some cool anatomy study its really something !
5stars for me :+1:
Cant wait to see it finish and textured

Hi metamesh,

looks great so far. Is it redered with VRay and how you plan to stich the tail?

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf

man !! how are you?

great work here, really great modeling as usually !
see ya, my firend :+1:

great sculpt you’ve got goin there. really nice organic feel to it. looking forward to seeing it finished!

hi metamesh,

great work, as all of yours! :slight_smile: does he wear glasses? I can´t really detect. maybe it´s faucets and on this way a devilish beer mug. :slight_smile:

greetings xbucket

Hi metamesh…dig yer sculpt work. Nice job. I noticed you took care of
the trickier parts (fingers, nose/eyes/lips/ears) in your base, then spent
your effort on the sculpt…nice process.

As an off-topic question…who’s the musical artist you’ve used in your
demo reel? Me likes. :slight_smile:

rookie-z

killer piece! cant wait to see the finished thing.

deity thanks man!
rookie-z the artist is Bent and the song is swollen ( i think )
theXbucket thanks! he´s wearing a kind of glasses inserted into the socket eyes, gotta work on that yet!
zippzopp thanks! hope to finish it soon
Drummer friend! hope u are allright! long time without seeying u!
stumpf yeah, vray forever! but right now is just a huge mesh, no displace, it was just a test render…the tail is just hidden, it´s already attached
Esareno thanks mate. any ideas for the textures?
thanks guys! hope to be able to work more on this!

Nice to see your great stuffs back meta!
I always love to see drafty base mesh turning into wonderfull sculpt…

Its like a sculptor working on an inform stone to turn it into wonderfull piece of work…
Great!

is freeaking amazing!!! one of the most realistc human body i have ever seen!!! so freaking awsome!!!

Hi metamesh, could you explain how you did your horns in zbrush? did you use masking or something? also, can you explain how you displace in vray (with your settings?) i got some great advice (new to vray) from a friend of mine, but he has no idea how to get amount to displace from, i have no idea where to get that amount, could you walk me through that please? great stuff btw love everything, very organic.

Awesome model, as always man :+1:

Keep it up,
-Kris

damn…this is beautiful metamesh!..love the super basic base mesh :sunglasses:

keep up the cool work…
-tiktok