ZBrushCentral

Material Challenge 06

I would love to see people posting some fresh mat and light settings :wink:
Heres one for a start:
Its a quite basic setup, but gives some funny fluorescent effect. Since it is light dependent, use it on a separate layer and bake the effect if you want to use it in a scene! You can easily change the glow color by changing the third lights color settings.

fluofun.jpg

Attachments

alienscape.jpg

I like the green blobs! looks really fresh and may be good for illustrations. thanks!

greets
froyd

Thanks Erklaerbar

I did a rev of your fluor lights and added them onto your alien mat and got this metal foil like look. Used zb’s default texture spectrum and rendered best with shadows and depth on

Do you have the alien mat in golds and browns

Attachments

test.jpg

settings and materials like is there anybady out there has any if so please post to this forum thank you!!!

Heres a couple from a current project

golden.jpg

cool, keep them coming :wink:

Heres another gold (posted a while ago)

ZBrush Document.jpg

PS: Spaceman, you could try to change the colors in the different shader channels.

another one, can be used in space scenes or to simulate (sort of) images made by a raster-elektronen-mikroskop (whatever the english word for that may be).

Again one to be baked as light dependant (render with shadows!)

ZBrush Document.jpg

Attachments

ZBrush Document.jpg

Erklaerbar thanks for the tip- reworked your mat and lights and got the bronzeee like color

Attachments

1 copy.jpg

Blaine91555 some really cool golds:sunglasses: thanks:+1: - I used your mygold to create a gold texture with grab doc and Erklaerbar’s white cs mat - :+1: - the model is froyd’s hound ztl here at zbc (zeebled)

Attachments

2.jpg

:slight_smile: cool. Keep experimenting :slight_smile: I noticed a glitch in the bronzeshader however, see these little white points? Dont ask me where theyre coming from, but i suspect its something in the Gel shading settings. I noticed them on some own materials too, can be quite a pain to get rid of them :confused: If anyone knows more on how these glitches are created and whats the reason for it i would be very much interested to hear it.

Erklaerbar I do not know what is causing the effect of the specks.

I do like your mats and lights

this image was done with your nanotech mat and your fluor lights

Attachments

nano.jpg

A few things that I would like to get as a mat and light set is a translucent white with gold/bronze/and/or browns AND a translucent blueish white with silver/and/or grays THAT outline the details. Erklaerbar’s nanotech mat and flrou lights come close to what I am trying to explaining and the image 1nano might help in explaining

I have been thinking about this for awhile and do not know if zbrush can do it so I have included an image that might explain it better (where one of the ztools is very translucent and the other is the detail ztool)

Attachments

1a.jpg

SpaceMan - I’m not sure I understand but this mat might be helpfull. To get the effect I think you want - change the ambient and cavity colors on shader 4. As posted it is a golden color. Must be rendered on a seperate layer with flatten off in best render with shadows on. For a transparent mat just use the plastic default and set tranparensy to 100 and give it a little reflectivity.
trans test12.jpg

Blaine91555
The mat settings are new to me so thanks for working with the information I posted.

The mat that you posted is really cool it is pretty much what I am trying to get.

Now the second part of the question is can/how do you place the transparent mat ztool over a soild ztool of the same model so that the transparent ztool will allow the soild ztool (same model not a different one) be seen through the transparent areas of the transparent ztool. ( some scaling of the transparent ztool might have to be done)

After thinking some more on the golden color I think that it is limited to zbrush’s color palette (correct me if I’m wrong) and the only way to get a real golden color (such as in your gold mats) would be to extend the color palette to include some metalic colors.

Hmm, i never played with transparency at all really because i found it too abstract to work on different layers. I might play around with it when i find time.
In the meantime there is another mat. Sort of dark hence the name:

doomed.jpg

(Doh, wheres Jantim? :wink: would love to see some more killer mats!pleasepleaseplease!)

Attachments

ZBrush Document.jpg

Some cast metal/rust shader…
lemorust.zip

[[attach=28505]rust1.jpg[/attach]]rust1.jpg
Enjoy!
Lemo

ZBrush can do this (if I understand you correctly) but you need your two objects on different layers for the transparency to work. You must also switch off Flatten in the Render options. Draw your first object on one layer and Mark it. Create a second layer, switch off the Material option in the Marker palette and all the other options on. Choose your transparent material then click on the marker and your object will be redrawn. You can then use the Gyro to scale. Do a best render to see the effect. (For some materials you may need to switch layers before they update.)

trans.jpg

Thanks Marcus for the working work flow and for reading the info from someone who doesn’t know the jargon for the mats etc

A few questions:

1 When I tried moving the top layer marker tool the marker tool on the other layer did not move with the top layer marker tool - how do I combine the two into one ztool to place in a comp on the canvas?

2 Does the transparent mat top layer have to be on the top layer or can this be changed to put the transparent mat on the first layer render and then on the second layer maker tool use a different mat.and scale so that the transparent marker tool becomes a glow for the top layer marker tool?

Took a break from the transparent mats and did your work flow with markers with some other mats and got a walking out the shadow effect that I guess could be done to look like walking out of liquid with other types of zmats. Just a show the effect image experiment.

Attachments

1.jpg

And the refraction, still try but no effect…? :smiley:

SpaceMan -

Here is another mat that might be a little closer to what you need for your outer material. It’s as close to metalic gold as I can get on a transparent mat. This render is done with the default lights. Also turn flatten off and turn on shadows and best render. A good starting point for a metalic gold color is - Red = 150, Green = 80, Blue = 15.

Refraction is a whole other story. It is not possible with transparency in ZBrush. There are tut’s on the subject but I can’t recall any names right now.
trans-test.jpg