ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: ZBrush Learning Series - Texturing with Photoreference

[[attach=29674]fnrtPeice.jpg[/attach]]fnrtPeice.jpg

PIXOLOGIC PRESENTS THE NEW ZBRUSH LEARNING SERIES

In this first release of the ZBrush Learning Series you will learn how to use photoreference and ZScripts from Marcus_Civis to rapidly create detailed textures for characters.

Starting with very detailed photos from www.3d.sk we project three views onto the model: side, three quarters and front views. Later, you can take these images into your graphic editor of choice and pick and choose what parts of each projection you like.

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Download Movie Here (8 mb) :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

Quicktime 7 required

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Download ZScript: Image Plane Here:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

Please note: you must use the most recent version of Image Plane. Download it from the link supplied above.

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Download Zscript: Texture Library Here:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

Please note that the textures shown in the movie come from www.3d.sk and do not come with the ZScript.

Happy ZBrushing!

Ryan

fnrtPeiceThumb2.jpg

1 Like

That’s great Ryan! THANKS!
Lemo

thanks ryan! theres so much you can do in zbrush, its definitely becomming a better texture editing software :slight_smile: we’re using it for a majority of our texturing needs.

-anguyen

sweet! Thanks Ryan! good one. I like using zbrush as much as i can for painting textures. really quick for me to build up skin tones with the tools zbrush has!

Great Tutorial Ryan!
Thanks for taking the time to share this knowledge with us!

I don’t surpose there is a follow-up tutorial about compositing the textures together in Photoshop?? I know it’s not ZBrush, but I’d love a conclusion to your tutorial and follow it through from ZBrush to Photoshop and back to ZBrush!

Thanks again!
Upham :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! Glad you like it.

ZippZopp - congrats on the great work you posted! :slight_smile:

Upham - The follow up is an interesting way to bake your texture into your sculpt to get perfect registery between your high detail modeling and you texture map!

Best,

Ryan

Excellent Tut Ryan, so that’s how you do it!

Sven

Thank you !
This is just what Ineeded. :+1:

Great Tut! Thanks, guys. :slight_smile:

Hi ryan
Are you making a follow-up movie on baking a texture?? I’m looking forward to that!
Upham :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking for something like this for a while . The follow up with
Photoshop questions answered would be great.
Thanks for putting this together.

Thanks Ryan for posting this I have been using a similar technique lately.
But I was too lazy to post a tutorial. Glad you beat me to it.

so nice Ryan, thank u very much. Will u be able to post a quick tut on the photoshop part of it and the final texture of your old lady?

Thanks once again
Mathieu

Excellent tut. Thanks for doing and posting it Ryan. Amazing.:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Jim

Really nice, very nice and easy! BUT I HAVE A COMPLAIN TO MAKE !!! THIS IS CHEATING !!! HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Really nice tut, I love it. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Ok, I have an idea, I need a naked sexy woman so I can take some nice shots and use it for this tut!!! Any lady around? PERV !!! LOL :wink:

That’s great! Just what I needed. :cool: Thanks ever so much. Me being not a Photoshop master, I also would welcom a follow up for the photoshop part of the story…

Dear Ryan, thank you really very much…I used my own noob but similar technique, but now, with your great help I know much, much more about it:sunglasses:

one more: simply great:+1:

-cheerZ-

Ryan, props to you for a great tut…

Marcus, uber props to you for another awesome script you are becoming a legend…

excellent stuff ryan.

yep awesome, definitely need to see that whole photoshop side of things.