ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: ZBrush Learning Series - Modeling With Your Texture

Please note: This tutorial uses ZBrush 2.

[attach=30128]modWithTexture.jpg[/attach]

PIXOLOGIC PRESENTS THE NEW ZBRUSH LEARNING SERIES

MODELING WITH YOUR TEXTURE

In the second release of the ZBrush Learning Series you will learn how to use your texture as a starting point for modeling. In this video tutorial you will see how to make the most out of your texture map and how to streamline your modeling and texturing process.

In this video we look at a new approach to modeling medium frequency details. Instead of sculpting your details and fitting your texture map around these details you can use your texture map as a base so that your sculpt and your texture painting are perfectly registered.

Download Movie Here (19 mb)

Quicktime 7 required

Check out the texturing video here

Special thanks to Shane Caudle of Epic Games for letting us use the image he created above using the techniques in these videos!

Happy Pixoling!

Ryan

modWithTextureThumb.jpg

Attachments

modWithTexture.jpg

This is a great tute, I used the same technique after wathcing the texturing video and its worked great. :smiley:

Cheers

Thanks Ryan for the tutorial!

Andreseloy

nice! good one ryan, thanks for this

Awesome tutorial - you’ve made it look so easy. Now maybe I can beat Antropus at his own game…then again, maybe not. :slight_smile: Thanks as always, Ryan!

Your killing me Ryan. Another outstanding tut. Thank you very much.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: :+1: :+1:
JIM

Thanks Ryan for this nice tutorial !:+1:

yeah, that’s need to be downloaded :cool:

Much thanks for this. :+1: Gotta love these tutorials. Very, very cool. :sunglasses:

I am not able to watch the movies in mov format i downloaded from zbrushcentral with the latest quick time player :confused:

just play it with media player it wil give some error at first but just press yes and it wil play

Guess I’m doomed… tried everything I know, which is not much. Tried Q-Time and got voice but no picture. Opened with Media Player and nothing happened. Really wierd. But thanks Ryan for putting this up. Maybe I can get it to work someday soon.

wenna

Try the Techsmith codec.
http://http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

Thanks for the tutorial, really great idea you make it look easy! Look forward to trying this out some time… :smiley: :+1:

I use this technique all the time now. I will post some examples soon.

Tip note:
Use high pass filter in Photoshop over your image. This keeps the bump map level subtle then use blur brush to soften areas to your taste.

Im watching it also, great work fellas. I wonder what some of you will come up with this.

Glad you guys like the movie! :slight_smile:

ZippZopp - Thanks man, how is R & H?

Heart_of_VVolverine and Wenna - try reinstalling the latest quicktime. I am using h264 compression. That has helped some people before. All our movies are compressed with H264 from Quicktime 7.

Shane Caudle - Thanks again for the use of the image!!! Really great image!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

johnny blaze - Can’t wait to see what you come up with. :slight_smile: Feel free to post in this thread. I would love to see examples of what people can do with this process. Did you try the canvas part before? I found that to be the most exciting part of this whole workflow. If your model is around 4 million polys as my original model was it can make a major difference in the quality of the mask. :slight_smile:

Best,

Ryan

This is just great!
Thanks a lot!

Well done Ryan! Nice workflow to get the basic details. This can surely speed up the detailing work :+1:

-Kris

gosh, there are so many things from zbrush that i don’t know…the only thing i know is the standar brushes and projection master…
Great video, easy way to get the basic details!:+1: