ZBrushCentral

Portrait of a friend&housmate&classmate

Hello there;

I was really bored sunday afternoon and i was sketching random things in zbrush. Suddenly i got a sketch really really similar to the face of chris (my housemate&classmate&friend)
And so , i began really rough to make a quick zbrush mesh.
And i took some photos of him i had really random and did the uv texture in maya, and began applying the photos directly to the model with Zapplink.
Is still a wip, needs little more time in the modelling and texturing but well im arriving somewere.
What u guys think?

:ex: edited, Slocik; whatever man whatever you say.

Cordially Luis Faus [![chris comic.jpg|431x361](upload://lLkQCmVSWz1lkKpI0QY5pqq4Egf.jpeg)]![chris2.jpg|1200x946](upload://e4GWQpMVpYFxMrWb7bxEmj85gsH.jpeg)

Attachments

Chris1.jpg

LOL, no way you did get that sub3 lvl head aut of taht zspheres, teh polyflow is completly difrent :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope your friend wheres a bright red fitted leather jacked with a stiff popped collar.

Seriously though, it seems quite stylized for being from life, It looks great- but depends on what you’re going for. Overall, the sculpt is off to a great start.

Things to consider:

The skin bump is way to high and even, right now it looks like his mother was a sponge :slight_smile:
A render with a lower spec might help see this better.

The skin tone could use some work. It could be a result of a poorly whitebalanced shot you used, but he seems rather yellow/green.

His lower lip seems really large- Again, it looks great, but not necessarily realistic.

the nose is a little akward, does it really turn up that extremely?

finally- pay attention to the arcs aross the brow line, nose, chin, etc. As of the moment the whole face seems to be rather flat.

So how’d you do that hair? I love the look of it, especially on the greyscale model.
If you could post a pic of your friend, we might be able to help out more.

:smiley: my housemate was laughing for hours about the joke “maybe his mother was a sponge”

Yeah well i tryed to do something alike the tutorial of ryan kliengsen? model with the texture allready on, but it seems it ddnt work at all, thats why is looking like a sponge.
About the yellow-greenish look was because of the diferent lights of the photo references i used and couldnt match them in photoshop , but i need to get some photos of him to re-do the texture.An aswell i think is the material (mahicus the black) that gives him that look alike to a sponge or orange skin.
The hair is easy to do, you go on protection master and paint where the hair is little dots in black over a new white texture, after u apply proyection master go to mask/texture intensity and deformation/size and then move around the hair stile.
I was trying to fix the shape a bit of his head, and well this time i add some photos of him.

[chris3.jpg]

slocik is right, I think you should mention that you obviously used anguyen`s free head- basemesh.
(just correct me if i´m wrong)

Just want to say the hair idea is great!! I tried on my model and it really is good fun, thanks !!

I don’t understand why some other people acuse you of using other people’s head model. I use the same methord as you do to scuplt head, so there.

Good job!!

there is no problem using models that are provided by people, as long as credit is given. Otherwise people could recieve wrong impressions.
In this case the illustration procures that the sub3 mesh is the result of a ZSphere base, what is obviously not possible.

Its not my intent to blame somebody anything, I just suggested to credit the creator of the basemesh to respect intellectual property.

cheers!

no sorry , what i did not mention is that after created the model in zbrush with base zspheres, whent to maya to have refinement cos i smetimes dond get along in zbrush to move around points, and also to do the uv mapping, the subdivision 3 thingy should have been maya refinament, i dont know what was thinking about in that moment, sorry about the confusion.

But yes, if u mention that model i got it somwere in my database, only used it one time in a crap animation once i try to do.

an update :slight_smile:

[chris4b.jpg]

Great! Looking fabulous.
Lemo

actualy, this looks like the head model from the free model pack from this thread http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=029164

eaven the polys at the back of the head match :smiley:
but anyway, who cares, i was using taht model a lot, but i fast noticed , taht it has to much polys in the lips eyes and ears, and not enought on the forhead and the chicks :confused: hm.JPG
yes i know, i have way to much free time in my work :stuck_out_tongue:
taking credit for other ppl work, isnt nice :confused:

Attachments

hm4.JPG

Slocik, look up. When i use something i say it, you made me change this because i ddnt want any further discursions. And yes materia&lightl is Mahicus the black cool material, but i allready say it.

yeah, who cares anyways, even if you did use a generic (not that you did). check out all this cool stuff Digic does with a generic head model:
[attach=30464]DIGIC_WH_Intro_WIP_02.jpg[/attach]

your model is looking better and better all the time. not a big fan of the zbrush hair though (on any model, really.) your model has all of these nice, natural nuances and very un-natural hair.

keep rolling though. i’m sure your friend will love it.

Attachments

DIGIC_WH_Intro_WIP_02.jpg

Yep, but either they role out a new option with micro zsphere hair oriented thingys, or I’m picking up on this way of making hair. :smiley:

i know, hair is so frustrating. i wish i could afford the “hair” plugin for cinema 4d. man, that thing looks amazing.

Cool hair :+1:

Not my falt if you lied… so stop saying like im just making things up, that did look like you were taking redit for someones else work, but if i was wrong im sorry :]

Update , preview of colors and with eyes. I like the hair though, looks veri poligonal in the side, but its almost like the hair of my housemate frontally. :slight_smile:

[chris5b.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘30422’,‘chris5b.jpg’,1,0))

Good work so far. :+1:
At this guy very good shampoo :laughing: