Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments, I have loads of ideas running in the liquid fluid exchange, of my mind at the moment. So exactly how this is going to end up is stil a bit of a mystery to me. All I can say is that there will be a hive of activity going on around him shortly.

lemonnado: Have have used the alpha settings in the Fog Options, I intend to experiment a bit later, with some custom alphas, Ideally, I'd like to get the fog to be just snaking across the floor, like a low lying mist. If I can't acheive the desired effect, I'll postwork it in Photoshop.

Seb_Barker:I Still Intend on a little person being in his mouth working away, though he won't be as large as depicted in Me concept sketch. Have decided on their dimensions fully yet, I'm going to use a poser model as a basic guide for scale, before I start modeling the rest of the troup. I had thought about doing all the small figures from poser, but the image I have in my head now, and not sketched out yet, are not quite human and will be of therianthrope origin. I post concept sketches to illictrate this more. I do like your idea of the figuer being pushed back, with the force of the drill. So I shall bare that idea in mind. thanks

billrobertson42 : I'm glad you like the progresion, it's even more fun building the set though As for an Animation, I would love to see it come to life, unfortunatley I don't carry any animation skills, and reading the forum. most people seem to be using XSI, an I just can't afford to get something like that yet I have often thought about getting into animation. But then theres the cost of getting the power in the system, Any ideas on what the minnimium requirements for a system, would be cappable off animating 3D at speeds. Cause I have to say, the idea of sitting around for hours waiting for frames to be rendered, doesn't appeal to me. But I'm sure, there are ways to speed things up.

Ok back to scene, I'll post updates later.

Thanks again everyone

Great to see someone creating whole scenes.

Has a Terry Gilliam/ Hieronymus*Bosch feel to it.

Default Scene building Update III(WIP)

Boozy Floozie: Terry Gilliam !! Damn I knew watching all those Monty Python Films as a kid had affected me. Now you have mentioned it, All I can think of is Time Bandits. But I thought, that would change whith the new ideas I have for the other Characters. As I intended them to add more of an Occult/Shamanic element, with my plans.

Then! I had to go and Look up, Hieronymus*Bosch !! Ahh!! Occult/Religion, I knew that I was drawing insperation from somewhere, just didn't know where. And now looking at HB's work, I remember admiring his work in my school days.
    Anyway thanks for the compliments

Well This is where, I have got to. The next stage is to add banners, and cover sheets, buckets and tools. The cover sheets, that show in this image are temp, and need working. And then I have to get on to the little characters, which is going to be a bit of a challenge to model and pose a character with Zspheres. I have the tutorials.
    ScreamerMM4.jpg
    I did use, a poser figure, to get a scale of the figure, I'm gonna be needing, didn't keep it in the render as the pure human form makes the scene look wrong to my eyes.

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Guliver?

..nice one

very original, great work so far, keep 'em coming

- Wesley

wow, im amazed where this has gone so far. see youo don't need mechanical to use meats techniques everyone I used it on my apple scene.

This is a great great great illustration, and Time Bandits? omg like a month ago i was chatting with someone about how awsome movies use to be in the 80's and that was one I mentioned. i hope they get it on dvd sometime soon and rerelease a special edition.

Also, props on the use of Zbrush, so many people only use it to paint displacements, but your showing its true power. personally I could use zbrush every day till death and be happier then a puppy with 2 peters. My time in maya has drastically reduced in the past year, but now im getting more into it with the displacements.

This has inspired me and I think it would make a great idea for a competition if zbc wants to post it. Since we all have our standard head work, with little composition value, basically just detail work, how about a "head surgery with little doctors " competition. I think i want to work on a frontal labotomy, ewwwwww.

ill give this thread 5 stars baby, would give it more but its not possible i think. Finish this up im sure it will be top row material.

also, if you can give some information on your workflow, maybe post your lights and materials, ive not been able to get organics that look that great so far.

mighty fine work man

Some little people would finish that off real nice. nice work and original.

Default *****

Wonderful.....it is worth 5***** indeed! And it sure doesn't need any occult sh*t. Keep on going this way and I'm looking forward to the "workers" hahaha...

Yainderidoo

ps..I hope you do a Hihgres one for keeps or a wallpaper size.
    Last edited by Yainderidoo; 04-25-06 at 03:51 AM.
    Are there any ZBrush T-shirts? Black - XXL please

I really like the style of this! It would make a great poster.

Wow man,

your attention to detail is great, don't know what it is but it looks topps.

Default Wonderful work.

That is a remarkable image. The texturing is superb as is the overall structure and presentations. Well done indeed.

Five stars without a doubt!
    Grab some of my piano music/guitar music and flute music for free as sheet music at
    http://members.sibeliusmusic.com/pianoedition
    see you there

Default Thanks

Thanks for all your wonderfull comments. It's great to get such feedback, good to know I'm head in the right dirrection.

Wonderful.....it is worth 5***** indeed! And it sure doesn't need any occult sh*t.

Yainderidoo: Thanks I'm glad you like it so far, just wanted to give a better insight to The Occult S**t. As i thought after posting, the idea in my head may be seen differently. I'm looking at it from accounts of Tribal cultural beleifs around the globe, of when they enter into the otherworld they encounter entities often described as being therianthrope's (Half man half Animal), that they claim to commune with. Part of the Shamans Initiation, to get his powers and sight, is to undergo (what sounds like Alien Abduction) where they are held and restrained, and opperated on. Having their Eyes/ Teath/ Brain and other organs removed and replaced with magickal replacments, making them healers/ seers ect. This also Tallies in with European Fairylore and medeaval witchcraft tales. As mentioned abaove Modern Alien Abduction, accounts show a similar tale. So instead of going for your typical little folk, fairy I'd take it to the shaman stage, where there therianthrope beings doing all the clinical work. So when I say making it more Occult, I use the term lightly. I didn't want to say spiritual, and wanted to try and give more meaning than just the fairy folk. Ok rammbled on a bit there. hope this clears the occult bit up. but thanks for the crit anyway.

With the Hires version, would I be able to post such a large file in the forums, Maybe if I zipped it. whatever I should be able to one out for all who are interested.

Polyguns: Thanks for your words, I'll write up a workflow, towards then end. And post my lights as for materials, I can post the rocky moss which is a reworking of Froyds Naturalwood Texture, whic is what I've used for the tree branches, the scaff texture, is an accidental combo of jantims rusty metal and Froyds NW. I say accidental because I'm not sure how it happend, but I went to replace the rusty metal, but it went weird and mixed the two I then tweaked the speculare and defuse, and thought thats what iwas after. I'll post that aswell.

Default Scene build&Atmosphere Update(WIP)

Hi everyone

Still havn't got to the small figures, though I have now built the ZSphere rig for them, just need to sculpt the figure. modled and built the background up. Grass is an old model, I had hanging around built from a tutorial in an old version of lightwave if I recall. Tried it out not expecting much and was quite impressed with the result. The tree above the rocks, is Froyds model that comes with his NaturalWood Txt, I could have modeled me own but using Froyds as a referance, I ended up deciding to keep it in. It's Textured with Froyds No.1(readjusted to my requirments) NW and spattered with No.4 NW.(Thanks Froyd)

I've played with the fog, settings. Now the only bits I'm not happy with is the fiber material Grass, in the bottom Left, and the Rock outcrop to the bottom right.

Have added 2 Tin Buckets, can you find them They where clearly visible, but I've adhusted the light settings and they have blended in a bit. Will work on them.

Ok here's where I'm at. Hope you like

ScreamerMM5.jpg
    Last edited by panstar; 04-27-06 at 05:23 PM.

It just keeps gettin better
    Blaine
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Chillllllllllllllin

Cool Thanks...hahaha...you're a good sport!

Yainderidoo: Thanks I'm glad you like it so far, just wanted to give a better insight to The Occult S**t.
    Like Blaine says....it's getting better and better...don't they have more stars?

Yainderidoooooooo
    Are there any ZBrush T-shirts? Black - XXL please

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast