Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Truly Incredible!

I'm really in love with this pic.. absolutly amazing.

Nice work!

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Cool idea. Love the wispy wings, and the use of light. I could point out all kinds of stuff, by why bother, it's great work. Nice time frame to do something respectable as well.
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Quote Originally Posted by Defonten
    Oh I doublechecked it, really. Within the angle I chose - there shouldn't be reflection definitely. Thanks!
    With as much work as you obviously put into it I'm sure that it's right. Once again, very very nice piece. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    Long dead links removed...

Default Nice Work

Hi, first off, I;d like to say that the whole matte/3d thing came out excellent, and it looks very PRO work indeed.

My only thing is with the wing(s??)... I think it could use a little bit more compositional work. By this I mean, it looks a bit strange the way they are overlapped, so you get the impression of it having only one wing. And also I think it would look a lot better if the wing would have a more relaxed look to id, as the the character's pose has... the way it is now.. pointing up, it looks a bit as if he was falling with high speed... also if you plan on saying it's because of strong wind, you should add more clues ... like flying feathers or smth..

Anyway, very nice work.... I would love to see some shots of the character ... both wireframe and shaded, and also maybe you tell us how it started? your pipline... MAYA/MAX-Zbrush and back ? or Zbrush 100 % for the character ... etc

THANKS, GREAT WORK !

First of all I apologise for late reply - was quite busy with my routine work :-\

Hi, first off, I;d like to say that the whole matte/3d thing came out excellent, and it looks very PRO work indeed.
    Thanks a lot Glad you like it -)

the way it is now.. pointing up, it looks a bit as if he was falling with high speed... also if you plan on saying it's because of strong wind, you should add more clues ... like flying feathers or smth..
    Well of course you might be right. It's your opinion and I respect it But the way I was thinking about positioning of the wings leaded me to pose them in the way butterflies do it when they land somewhere. When butterfly lands - it folds it's wings up. So I ended up with some kind of idea mixture of bird's and butterfly's wings here Yeah I know may sound quite messy but that's the way it is -)

and also maybe you tell us how it started? your pipline... MAYA/MAX-Zbrush and back ? or Zbrush 100 % for the character ... etc
    Well, nothing special about it too -) My pipeline is XSI-zBrush-Photoshop. It started with quite primitive cubes and simple skeletons to get the right compositional feeling of the whole scene.

Thanks a lot Nibiru!

This is just a beautiful image! Your sense of style of painting, compositing,texturing and modeling it's amazing. The sky blending with the buildings it's just beautiful.

I have an idea that it might interest you. In the image you barely can see the angels face, so I was thinking of maybe having an image of him or maybe the opposite of him projected to the window next to him(the one with the building reflected in). Maybe you can have the reflection of the person he used to be before he became and angel. Probably when he was alive, he was a person that used to help people or maybe a soldier, police man, etc.

Because when I see this picture all the eyes goes to the angel, so I was thinking maybe adding something a little hidden or like a secret message(the reflection of him on the windows), it might give the person who is looking the image more information or maybe more feeling about this beautiful piece of work.

Well... this was my opinion and my idea about how I see your image. Hope it helps you in some way! Have a great day and keep up the good work!

Javier.

Lots of techniques used to a very high standard to create an amazing image, top row for sure...

One of the best in awhile.

Don't usually yell Top Row but.......

TOP ROW!!!

I love that piece. The character is wonderfuly done. 5 stars.

This is very good indead, I like the whole image, it's very impressive.

I agree however with an earlier post regarding the posing of the wings, I think that they could well be posed more relaxed and in a manner which shows two wings and not the illusion of one wing. This of course is purely a matter of personal taste and to be honest this picture is just great as it is :-)
    On the Zeventh Day God ZZZZzzzzz'd

New Member Follow User Gallery

just wanted to say this is a nice compo and i like it a lot too. Maybe a little distortion with the plane glass window and the city reflect too, but:
    VERY GOOD JOB!
    Could you give us some tips about color and light matching settings for a good compo with a background picture or background plane too?

sry for my english...

Top Row surely!
    5 stars from me.
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.Michael Jackson.

Really nice piece. Its also really cool how u combind all the differing techniques to pull the whole thing together.

Only crit I have is in the transition ... the city looks too real justaposed with the CG and painted stuff. Maybe the city could be "effected" somhow to make it blend alittle better (maybe just at thge edges?)?

New Member Follow User Gallery

I love the image, Its very inspiring.
    Ä***931;***9579;€©—***350;***948;***8356;***9563;***507;
    Aztec _ soljA
    WHEN YOU LOVE YOU SHOULD NOT SAY, GOD IS IN MY HEART, BUT REATHER, I AM IN THE HEART OF GOD. -kahlil gibran

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast