Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Smile Head - First Attempt

Hi all! This is my first post and i want some feedback with my first attempt with Zbrush.I made a low poly Head In Maya and imported it in Zbrush. I ve been having problems though.. When i try to use the Standard tool to add detail at a hight Sub Level it doesnt Add or Substract continuesly and instaid it makes a series of dots which looks WRONG ... I think its a memory issue, even though i have 1,5 GH ram.... Is there any way to go around this problem? I wont to add more detail!!! I ve only been using Z brush for a week now and i have NO idea how to texture! Any help with that is more than welcome!

Critique MORE THAN WELCOME

HeadA.jpg
    Last edited by meletis; 04-22-06 at 09:19 AM.

Isnt anyone gonna give me some feedback???

What are we supposed to comment on? I see nothing...try uploading your images again.

...Ok I re-uploaded the image... Dont know what happened before ... If someone can anwser the questions i have please do so that i can continue...
    Thanks

Im having trouble with the texturing too... I saw the tutorial from Kris Kosta for face texturing. When i tried to do it, on projection master everything looked ok but when i tried to pick up the textures it all got messed up! Does anyone know y this is happening?? Look at the images to see what happend.

TextureOK.jpg

TextureBad.jpg

you need to first create a blank texture in the size you plan to texture at...preferably a power of two....eg...1024x1024 or 2048x2048 etc. then while both your tool (in edit mode and lowest subdlevel) and your texture are both loaded go to tool>texture and hit auv or guvtiles. now your model will be mapped at the correct size.

Hey! It worked Thanks a lot for the help! Gonna try texturing it now. Just for practice..

This as far as i can go I couldnt find a better foto to use for the lips and i think these ones look dodgy... I kinda did the Eyebrows in Photoshop (not very well ass u can see ) cause i couldnt work out how to make them look good with Projection Master. As for the eyes.. now thats another problem.. I had the mesh of the head to beggin with. The i set a Mark for the head and created a shere for the first eyeball, scaled it and placed it where i wanted and then wet a Mark for that too. Finally i created the other eye and set a marker for that as well. Then i tried sellecting one of the eyeballs and going in to P.M to put the texture but because i scalled it, it wouldnt let me place it back to where i wanted.
    The i thought forget the markers, just convert the whole thing in to one mesh and then apply the textures. But when i tried to to that the face texture got messed up! Anyway some help would be much appreciated...

Head2.jpg

Thanks a lot for the links! There where a couple of problems though..
    The tutorial for the Eye Placing thingy isnt at the link given.
    And do u know how i can add depth to the eye? Cause i only saw one eye posted in the thread that has the depth a real eye has, this one: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/att...chmentid=17482

How can i achieve a result like that??

Thanks a lot for the help

Ive been trying to add some more detail, I put some wrincles on the forhead i tried doing the brows but they look crap and i dont know how to make them look more reallistic and i put some veins in the side of the eyes and did the ears! And i made the lips a bit less red than before. Ive marked something on the foto that appeared on my model... does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it???

Head3.jpg

Default Doesnt anyone care???

...Im a bit disapointed.. There has been about 700 views on my thread and only Aminuts seems to care in to helping progress. Im new and i wanna learn but without feedback i cant do it.... Anyway here is the latest image i did the eyes and i dont know what to do in order to be able to have the eyes and the head and movem around all together... I would like some tips in how i could make him more realistic...

Head4.jpg

Hey sorry to miss this one...

Here's a small gif animated to showe you some proportion suggestions, and some colors adjust.
    Once done, Ill show you more stuffs to improve your character.
    You have a good start, dont give up...

test.gif
    S├ębastien Legrain A.K.A Sebcesoir

http://sebleg.free.fr

Yeahh!!! Thx pixologic, it's damn cool to have Zbrush caps!

Default sorry guy

i'm diggin your wip but i'm sorry i'm noob too so i can't give that much suggestion or anything for that matter. . . but i have looked up this thread about 6 or seven times waiting for progress!! keep it up!!

First of all i want to thank Sebcecoir for the Gif he made for me. It was MORE than helpful!
    I tryed doing to my model what u did but the result wasnt as good as yours... I couldnt get the texture to look like what uve done. I tried doing it on Projection Master but when i did front the front, the sides got messed up. So i tried messing around with contrast-brighness in Photoshop but still didnt get the result i wanted....
    Breakneck: Being a noob doesnt meen u cannot judge if something looks good or bad... If u see something that looks weird please tell me Thanks for the reply!

Here is where i gotten to:

HeadB.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast