New Member Follow User Gallery

I do not know much about zBrush yet (only a few days of use so far), but to achieve the shading in the last frame of the gif, sebcesoir went into photoshop and just lowered the saturation of the image, and slightly dodged the area a little bit below his eyes and over the eyebrows. I know there is a saturation brush in zBrush, but I'm not quite sure how to desaturate. Also, you may want to try messing with lighting. Hope this might help...

*EDIT*

BTW, FIRST POST
    Last edited by urbenm0nk; 04-26-06 at 03:01 PM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

COuld you post a front view and side view with the basic material (a bit shiny), without texture, it will help to understand the shape and what could be tweak.
    From my side, I prefere to do the texturing once I will have a correct volume.
    Sébastien Legrain A.K.A Sebcesoir

http://sebleg.free.fr

Yeahh!!! Thx pixologic, it's damn cool to have Zbrush caps!

Sebcecoir, u dont know how much i appreciate your help! Here is the image u requested.
    I wouldnt do the texturing ether but nobody was answering in my request for help so i though i might as well do it on my own...
    Thanks so much...

HeadBS.jpg

Nice work so far....been lookin back and forth now and it seems that your really gettin the hang of zbrush....its looking really good.

One thing that i notice is the proportion of the head. The front view it looking really good now. But from lookin gat the side view the shape of the head looks wrong.

the back of the head should curve in more to the neck.
    http://www.3d.sk/img/tn/Fullfigure/bg_complete047.JPG

This picture show what i mean quite well... See how the back of the neck curves quite dratically from the top of the head. In your model, there is very little shape to the back of the head.

Just tryin to help a fellow newcomer to zbrush

Noddy Jnr: Thanks a lot for the tip! I changed it... i think its ok but still after working so long on it my eyes get tired and dont see he flaws so keep on pointing them out!
    In order to remove that thing that appeared on his right cheek i had to import the model in maya at a sub level of 3 in order to delete the whole right side and mirror it again. I lost any detail i had cause the obj was lower poly but i re-did as much as i could. At least now it doesnt have that on abnormality

HeadW.jpg

Good evolution, keep goin on your efforts...
    Heres two new gifs, I hope it will help you to understand the volums.

tweak2.gif tweak2b.gif
    Last edited by Sebcesoir; 04-27-06 at 08:15 PM.

Meletis,

I pretty new to. That stuff on the sides seems to happen when you work to close to the edges in PM. The smooth feature in the transform menu will get rid of that. Set the Z intensity to a low number and gently go over that area and it will clean right up. When your working on the texture it is also important to work only in the central part of the object and rotate it as you drop and pick up. Whenever I try to work close to the edges it does cause problems and will mess up the sides. Make sure fade is on when you go into PM as well. That may help also.

There are lots of people here that will help you out. They helped me very much. Keep in mind that we are in different time zones and may not notice your post if it is at a time of day we are working or sleeping (yeah like that ever happens). You may have quicker results if you post questions in the correct forum. Also check out the Quick Start stuff. It's priceless. There is almost no question you can come up with that has not already been answered somewhere. So, if you need an answer quick the search is your friend. It does have one frustrating quirk though - you have to use 5 character words or larger for the search to work. Add s to everything and sometimes that works.
    Blaine
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Chillllllllllllllin

I really dont know what to say... Sebcecoir, you are the greatest!!! Thanks so much for everything u've done so far, you have helped me understand some very important things. Again my one doesnt look as neat as your ones do but i m getting closer!
    Blaine: Thanks so much for the tips! Even though i already fixed the thingy on the cheek your info is very important for future problems! I guess u are right about the timezones and im sure that this is a very generous and helpful forum and that people want to help out. I guess i like to rush things .
    Well not anymore good things take time....

*Anyone who has any tips what so ever please tell me...*

Heres where im at now:

HeadFinal.jpg
    Last edited by meletis; 04-27-06 at 10:12 PM.

Very good progression, I'll try to submit more updates.
    Good job!

Couldnt have done it without u man . And thanks to the rest who comment! I hope some day ill make really reallistic stuff, it need time
    Ive started a second project, of a monster to keep changing on between so that i dont get tired looking at the same thing all the time....

Tryin to play a bit with lights... Still dont know how to group the eyes with the head so that i can pose them ...

HeadFF.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

actually i experienced that same texture enormality that your having and when i painted on it crated realy bad surface blotches in the shape of squares on my model i have no idea what it is?
    Make your life worth living.

Blog

i really like your model, keep it up
    !!!

Hey man you should add a skin shader, the sok skin shader is a good start and you can change it to get the effects you want. It would look great!

here are some links

This is sok's skin shader and his 2 light set up:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=5393

this is a link to the picasso tutorial he also has shaders and lights for download:
    http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/picasso/tutorial.htm
    Last edited by celcius99; 04-30-06 at 12:48 AM.

Wow!!! thanks so much!!! thats exactly what i needed and had no idea how to do!! Here is my head with the shader and lights.

Head Final.jpg

Does anyone know why Zmapper is only mapping 22% of my model???

Zmaped.jpg
    Last edited by meletis; 04-29-06 at 08:56 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast