Senior Member Follow User Gallery

THis looks much better! Watch your ears, you don't have a well defined Y structure (anti helix). Also watch that eyebrow, unless he's supposed to be a serial killer! Its rather furrowed. I made this mistake with a self portrait I made awhile ago, and it gave the impression that I was really mad to people. Relaxed pose for heads works great most of the time unless its supposed to be in an expression.

Yeah he is supposed to be angry I didnt quite get what u ment about the ears can u please expain it to me?? Thanks

New Member Follow User Gallery

Ya it looks alot better I hope I helped. I also saw your other moddel it looks like it is comming along.

I am also starting another model, I want to make a low poly human skin so i have a basic model to start from.

Ill see you later.
    Last edited by celcius99; 04-30-06 at 12:48 AM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

nice work. The skin shader makes him look loads better. Keep up the good work.

You asked about ears and posing the eyes. Pop over to the Challenges forum and look for the Newbie challenges. Both these subjects are covered in enough detail to give you a few ideas.

If you're serious about improving your modeling, my best suggestion would be to get down to your local bookshop or library and get some books on drawing heads and faces, and on human anatomy. I've been doing that for the last 6 months or so (one of the reasons I haven't been very active at ZBC for a while). My modeling has improved dramatically as a result (because of the studying, not the absence!). It particularly helps with proportions, shape, mass and how everything connects together. All the things, in a nutshell, that help make a model 'believable'.

Keep going .. you've made a grand start.

celcius99: You deffinetly helped me a lot, good luck with your next model and thanks for adding me to you msn
    Noddy Jnr: thanks for commenting
    Moochie: I had a look at how to pose the eyes challenge but the tutorials that was there for download is not working anymore . As for the books im ordering some anotomy books right away! Since this is only my first year at Uni doing computer animation I want to have a very good portfolia by the end of my course, i really wanna be a pro...

Can anyone actualy suggest the best anatomy book or a good one, cause amazon has lots and im confused... Thanks

Looks cool i like the way it looks he is tightening his jaw if you see what i mean

Just one critic, i think the head might look a bit too wide if you haven't already fixed it, it's a problem i have often when i start with a sphere (what did ou starts with by the way).

Great post pple answer when you get serious

I did a low poly head in maya from a cube and imported it to Z. That head looked like crap :P

Here's small suggestions to tweak a bit the volums.
    All the rfaces are fallowing the same schema of curves. They are more or less subtile depening on the character you make, and its age.
    Once you know how to play with those lines, you can do what you want...

shapes.gif
    S├ębastien Legrain A.K.A Sebcesoir

http://sebleg.free.fr

Yeahh!!! Thx pixologic, it's damn cool to have Zbrush caps!

Im confused... how should i tweek him now??? i mean what should i change, cause the last image is not very clear....
    Last edited by meletis; 04-30-06 at 08:16 PM.

Hey meletis, this head has come along way and I've noticed something you've been able to make the tweaks thats Sebcesoir showed you because you had visual reference. So I suggest that you need to grab some reference images of a head you want to make and go from there. Its very hard especially for a new modeller to just start sculpting and come up with something great. What hes saying in his last post is that you've pretty much got the hang of it and any tweaks you make from this point are going to be all you, just pay attention to those lines on any head. A great place to get access to reference images is http://www.3d.sk its kind of expensive but its worth the money. If not and you have a digital camera Grab a sibling or friend and snap some side, 3/4, and front shots.

Evan Gaugh: I see what u and Sedcecoir meen with those lines, i startes messing around with those "spots" and suddently the character looked 10 years younger! I like what i have with this character so for so im not going to do any major changes... As for the reference, you are totaly right, i shouldnt have started a model without having something to look at. It a lot harder that way and if it wasnt for Sebcecoir it wouldnt look as it looks now. I ordered an anatomy book and im probably gonna get subscribed on that site u gave me. Since i want this to be my future job i need to be serious... even though this is so much fun! Thanks for the tips and keep on giving em cause thats what gonna make me good (along with hard work of course )...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123