ZBrushCentral

Hoggle

Hello!,
Awesome work on the forum these days.
thought I’d share one of my latest re-creations. Zbrush figured heavily into the model & texture process, but the final rendering was done in Lightwave. Other programs used: Silo, Modo, Maya
A tutorial on the creation process can be found at: http://www.brilliant-creations.com/hoggletut.htm

Questions or comments welcome

[]

[]
Hoggle_Head_01.jpgHoggles_01.jpg

Well done Ken,

Its looking really good

:slight_smile:

Ah yes…from one of my favorite movies: “Labyrinth” Ugly…but nice :wink:

Yainderidoo

So that’s what Andy Rooney looks like without the makeup?

Fantastic - I love the range of expressions.

We simply don’t see enough of you at the forum Mr B.

Wonderful work.

Oh, you little mph%$@!. :slight_smile:

Hoggle was one of the major 5 projects I had in mind to tackle in the near future.

Cool work, definitely.

Mark

Nicely done.

Beutiful work, long time no see.

More!!!

Awesome work KenB - this will be top row for sure if you put it in a suitable composition. 5 stars mate!
By the way, I’m still struggling to get the detail in Lightwave - any tips?

Nice model and such a wide range of expression. Can’t wait to see your tutorial on it :slight_smile:

Glad you’re enjoying the ugly old troll!

jit: It is difficult to coax any decent displacements out of Lightwave. The level of subdivision I could get before LW choked was limited. This model was rendered at a subdivision level of 7. Smaller details were accomplished with a bump map (as they usually should anyway).
Another trick in LW is to have your displacement map work with the flow of the underlying polygons. Don’t try to have the displacements do all the work in getting the look you want, meaning, make sure the base mesh closely resembles the final design you have in mind. Other programs seem to handle displacements better than LW.

Hope that’s what you were referring to.

Oh, I can here his voice now. 50.

Great, loved that movie when i was young! You really caught him with your model!

Ken: I love his expressions. It’s always cool to see characters with multiple expressions, as it gives them a life of their own. He has really nice wrinkles, lumps and bumps.

Is the hair done in Sasquach? I used to use Shave and a Haircut in LW till Joe threw his hissy fit at Newtek and stopped LW support. It’s a shame, as Shave had some nice dynamics built in. No need for hair guides.

Either way, great character. Your work was one of the reasons I purchased Z-Brush in the first place. Thanks for the inspiration…:smiley:

Dickie

I watched it again last year, and I still love it!
Very cool to see this modeled, you should do Sir Didymis next, he was my fav. character :slight_smile:

• Wesley
    didymus.jpg

Hello, Beautiful work !

Thanks for the tips KenB - it’s exactly what I was referring to.
Also, congrats for the Top Row! Well deserved, & I hope we see more of your work here!

Jim Henson would be proud. :+1:

Awesome! Love the movie! Your model’s resemblance is uncanny :+1:

Great work :wink: