ZBrushCentral

long time no post

skullsroots.jpg
Hi all , I’ve been really busy lately and haven’t had much free time to ZBrush. With the free time that I have had I have been beta testing two apps that claim to work well with ZBrush displacements. The good news is that they work. These two images were rendered in Lightwave using displacement ,color, and bump maps made in ZBrush. Not as detailed as they are in ZBrush but it is a step in the right direction. Just thought I’d share and say hi to my ZBuddies

Attachments

skullonfloor.jpg

hey Rick! these are indeed great skulls, the teeth look awesome! thx for showing.

greets
froyd

Great job as always - I love those vines?

Do you have a Modo 201 render of the displacementmaps or is that the “bad” news ?..Great teeth on the skull, but i prefer your Zrenders !

jantim

Absolutely amazing work.

The teeth are awsome.

Paul.

Nice!
tooth rendering is neat!

Love the teeth also. Thanks for sharing your tests.

Word.

awesome skulls and nice atmosphere in the lighting.

Haven’t been around myself for a bit…:cry:

Love your skulls though:+1: :sunglasses: :+1:
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

oldmanlookingup.jpg
Hi Guys nice to hear from my old ZFriends . jantim the good news is that modo 201 works fine too here is my old man rendered in modo. It’s a little softer than the Zbrush version but than again I 'm not really sure how to use it properly yet.

Of the works you have posted this( Father), in my opinion ,and it’s
variations, are your best.
That is one persons opinion.

Best of luck and more like this

Edit: for this reason, I believe it deserves a thread of
it’s own and not as a “tag-a-long”
Respectfully.

Wow…i’m impressed by the Modo rendering !..if you can make it look so good now it must be fantastic if you mastered it !!
I know you worked in Lightwave but what about the “Big Guns” like Maya and XSI ??

jantim

Damn great rendering… modo rocks!
But you had a good base!

He looks alive. Wonderful job. Modo has pretty good renderer.

Nice Skull Rick!!! :smiley:
Seen the other pic over at Modo.

Yep
Great work!!
RESPECT

hilmar

Great stuff. Specially the depiction of the Modo 103 owners waiting for the 201 release.
:smiley: Lemo

Hey Rick, Do you find a need to use tools like LW etc when most of your work is 2D Stills and not 3D animations?

Are you modeling anything in Modo yet?

Hey Monster Maker.
I really like the render.
Is that real sub or faked?
Sorry don’t know much about Modo.
How easy was it to achieve?
In Maya it can be a pain.
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

The eyes in your pieces are always so expressive. It’s also very exciting to see the subtle yet significant leaps you’re making with your texturing.

Can leaps be subtle?