ZBrushCentral

=Whiro= dragonian bust

In Polynesian Mythology, Whiro is the lizard-god of the dead, evil and darkness.
He lives in the dark misty underworld and is accompanied by a group of evil spirits.
He inspires evil thoughts in the minds of people.

I designed this bust with the base built in xsi and detailed in Zbrush. I’ve done up to the mid-level detailing so far and will be
focusing on creating finer details through a bump map. The model is level 4 zbrush imported into xsi.

hope you like it! :smiley:
pierre

dragon01.jpg

Attachments

dragon02.jpg

dragon03.jpg

dragon04.jpg

That’s F$@^ing Awesome. I really like this. Your model really shows how you have described Whiro in your comments. Really looks like this lizard-god is evil. Awesome Job…keep posting!!!

Oh God! Look at the number of teeth and spikes! Wonderfull! 5 stars :slight_smile:

Great concept. Keep going, this looks like it will be something wonderful. :wink:

Beautifull work as always …
and have a nice trip to Vancouver for your new life Pierro.
I just want to see the color map, the bump, and others …

That’s a feasome and cool looking dragon. :+1: :+1:

wow!! great!! i love it too!
Alex Oliver

Amazing model, good Job.:+1: I would like to see it with Textures

yeah its very nice man!

WORAH thats killer no pun intended. I really like the Snout and the Eyes.

nice, but i think he looks a little bit too fat under the neck in the sider view when he is so slick and thin looking in the front view.
he’s maybe a bit too massive if you see what i mean

also there is that sort of ball where the articulation between the top and bottom part of his jaw is that i think show be reduced a little

Great work anyways

Dude this is buttkicking good looking in its way. Totally love the topo on this one, his face looks like a real thing. Tres bon travail mon frere.

good job

badass design!

This is truly fantastic modeling, you must be proud of yourself. full stars from me wish i could give more. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1::wink:

=BlackNull= vbmenu_register(“postmenu_273886”, true); , good job mate and I have to add in taking an interest in our culture. I am half Māori (Kāi Tahu and Kāti Māmoe tribes).
The detail and craftmanship on this model is immence, striking, fantastic.
Before you texture him if you are interested in making sure the model is culturally sensitive. Whiro (fee-rrow) was the bad son of our two greatest and most important gods who became bad. His form could have been interpertated into many lizard like forms but he was first born as a tuataura (NZ lizard who has survived since dinosaurs). He was banished into the darkness of night and lived in the caves during the day. Most evil Māori diety are also light in color, mainly white.

Anyway, great job mate, beautiful work.

that is such a cool desing

Loving it:)

Wow does that look cool, great job so far.

hi everybody! Thanks for the constant support and feedback!:smiley: I was just going to do a bust, but now I’m thinking of doing the whole body, should be fun. Regarding the jaw, it has a double articulation allowing him to open up his mouth really wide. I’ll be tweaking and looking over everybody’s comment for sure. I’ll probably move on to the body next to then come back to the face for final adjustements.
Thanks again for taking interest in this :wink:

matasorapit: I appreciate you sharing more about your culture, it’s always really interesting to learn more about the subject. I really don’t know much about it so any info is always welcome.

That thing is badass! I really like the side render.

Cool realisation! :cool: