ZBrushCentral

My first zbrush project: Pyramid Head WIP

[pyrshad.jpg]

Hello everyone! this is my first serious zbrush model. Red Pyramid, a bad guy from Silent Hill. I think he´s recognizable enough. However, he still has no head, and his hands are poorly detailed.

i modeled him using zspheres, then i smoothed him out and applied displacement maps and textures.

Please say what you think about it. ^^

ArKano

1 Like

Pretty good start.

i´ve been working on the hands, the texture, the light setup & the material. mm… think i´ll keep these, the skin looks well, i guess. When i finish his head i´ll take it to maya and render an animation with MR, maybe with sss materials.

ah…y un saludo para todos los hispanohablantes de por aqui! :wink: (tras andar un poco por el foro, veo que hay unos cuantos)

ArKano

Here is the new render:
[pyrnew.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘32103’,‘pyrnew.jpg’,1,0))

Hey Arkano good work you have here.

One thing that makes this character a bit less real, would be his muscle structure. I would say that the abdominal muscles(the rectus abdominis muscles, and the external oblique muscles) are not in the right place and some of them are missing. Look at some anatomy reference and you will see the diff. Im not saying that you have to model them exactly the same, but I think giving them bit of a human look, would give him a bit more of realism. From there you can give them a little bit more of exageration. Also, around the neck and the muscles that connect the shoulder to the arm(deltoid muscle and the bicep).

I hope it helps! Have a nice day!

Javier.

Being as how Im a big Silent Hill fan especially of Pyramid Head, Im really stoked to see this model! Just in case you dont have this pic,

Thanks, i was using a smaller pic as a reference. Now i think i´ll be able to make him look a bit more closer to the real thing.

and tomorrow i´ll work on the muscles. :slight_smile:

ArKano

I´ve been looking for some anatomy resources, and staring at some models other people did, i´ve come to this: (MR render in maya with sss)

[![Pyramid.jpg|628x303](upload://kQAVqZpshj4JsOnOUX9KKDzrC4u.jpeg)]![redpyr2.jpg|400x600](upload://joQvRcbnBmeQZuiXp3fIFpRs2ei.jpeg)

the muscles look better, but still not perfect :confused:

Try to have a look on an anatomy guide, I think it could help you to see the flaws in your muscles. :wink:

Your model is looking good, so keep it up !

Bye !

This is a render i made in maya, mostly for material testing.

I´ve added the head. (base model in maya, texture and some details in zbrush, then back to maya.)
There are some details missing, and i have to work in the proportions…

What do you think about it? …

[pir.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘32428’,‘pir.jpg’,1,0))

curious head indeed :smiley:
but with that no need to make some eyes :lol:

about modeling someone who replaced his head with some kind of triangular bucket :wink:

It looks really good! And its your first too? Wow! Are you using area lights for shadows, and final gather or GI? I think those could hel the image, as well as a rim light.

very nice, ive seen your model of this earlier and i wasnt sure where you were going with the character (havent seen the movie yet) but now i get it and its awesome! haha you should look into posing your character for the render, i know there is a tut on the forum about posing your mesh in zbrush, wish i could point you in the right direction, but i cant remember where it was. look under the tuts section of the forum. good luck!

First complete test. I am not very excited about the somewhat static pose i gave him, but right now i´m experimenting.

Maybe a closer shot? without rain?

(I did the dof effect rendering a zdepth pass in maya, then applying lens blur in photoshop, using the zdepth as an alpha channel)
[Pyramid800.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘32602’,‘Pyramid800.jpg’,1,0))

Looking good! The only thing I’d say is maybe a bit more of a flare to the bottom of his apron. Are you also gonna add all the bugs hes surrounded by?

mmm…haven´t thought about the bugs…

Yes, maybe i´ll add them, but there´s one problem. I´ve only seen the trailer, and since in the game those bugs don´t appear, i just don´t know how they look.

If anyone has a pic of them, or can describe me one …how many legs they have, their colour…(gray-black, from what i´ve seen)…

thanks

Final render made in maya. Some color balancing in photoshop.
Maybe i´ll add the bugs later, when the movie is released here in europe…

for now i think this is good enough and i learnt a lot of things while making it. n_n

hope you like it

[Pyramid2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘33101’,‘Pyramid2.jpg’,1,0))

Inquietante.:+1: :+1: :+1:

Great first post. just love the atmosphere.:+1: