ZBrushCentral

bunchoskulls

base mesh created in modo , re-sculpted and textured in ZB, rendered in modo 201

Nice texture and rendering. :smiley:
Keep it up!

Very nice skulls MM. Something funny going on with the shadows on the ground though, on the three skulls left of centre. Is that a bug that needs ironing out before the rest of us get hold of 201?

Looking good but there is some wierdness with the shadows, as 3DP mentioned.

Hey those are starting to look cool! :+1:
Are you using multiple lights?
Don’t really know modo, but I’m assuming you can disassociate surfaces from certain lights.
That might help you with some of the shadow issues.
This is a modo render right?
Thanks for showing this WIP. :wink:
Some real forward movement here… I’m impressed.
(For whatever that’s worth.)
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

Be careful, one of the “boys” looks like he
is smiling.
As everyone else, admire your work.
Have you ever given a thought to something a tad uplifting?
Mass graves, accident scenes, are just a few things
that come to mind:D

I like the subtle DOF. Shadows do look weird, but that might be the compression to… The skulls look really nice with the detail. However, stop mentioning Modo 201 please… It causes nervous twitching over here :lol:
Lemo

hey great render !
I’m new in modo, is it possible to render in modo 103 too?

see ya friend :+1:

201 Looks promising! I’ve always liked skulls. I use to draw them all the time and my first ZBrush model was a skull. Nothing compared to Rick’s though! :smiley:

Great work Rick!

Nice skull render.
I wonder if this post will be as long as your last? :slight_smile:

Modo’s renders are looking real nice! It definitely seems to be the quickest path to excellent ZBrush renders.

Messiah does a good job, but it’s a bit tweaky. I’m working with Maxwell right now, and while it’s renders are easily the prettiest of anything, I’m having a tough time with getting ZBrush stuff to look right. The stuff you’re doing with Modo is making it look really appealing to me!

Rick,
What UVmapping types are you using to go between Modo and Zbrush? How long did a scene like this take to render?

Same skull as last thread I presume? I love it.

One quick question. The join between the major plates on the top of the skull. Is the groove modelled in or is that texture?

Thanks

Can’t wait to get my hands on 201. Already a huge Modo fan. Glad they got you involved in the beta program. You always have some of the best renders. For still renders it looks like a better option than Lightwave. I saw on the Netwek forum you were having trouble getting the renders to look as sharp as in Zbrush. I was hoping 9.0 would solve that issue, been having the some trouble myself, the details have a stretched quality no matter what I do. Modo appears to handle the displacement maps far better. Curious how 201 handles the high poly models? Like most softwares Modo 103 tends to choke when you get a couple of hundred thousand polys on the screen. It’s probably the single most powerful feature of Zbrush.

Keep up the stunning work.

Hey MM, Nice!
I was also wondering ( along with Crossbones)how your UVs were set up.

Patton

Darn, Monstermaker, your skull is well sculpted. Nothing compared to the one I used. :wink:

I dunno if you still wanted to do a realistic skull, is this the case ? Did you used SSS ?

Did you saw the test I did ? If yes, what is your comments about it ?

Bye !

Sorry to drag up an oldish post! I was doing a search for stuff and this came up. Skulls are such an interesting form, my fave’ in fact, and take quite some skilll to get just right. These are exceptionally well done :+1:

Yes, Mr. Monstermaker has a really good eye for shapes, form and detail. It’s a pleasure when he posts.