ZBrushCentral

Monster from Hell

I’m a newbie on this forum. This is my first work with ZBrush.
The model was built in Cinema 4D after a character-design i did before.
The displacement and texture maps were drawn in ZBrush.
It was rendered in Modo 201 (thanks to Trurl).

The design:

The base model:

ZBR shots:

Renders:

monster_design1.jpgmonster_design2.jpgzbr_shots.jpgrender1.jpgrender2.jpgbase_wire.jpgZBC_THUMB.jpg

Attachments

zbr_shots.jpg

Awosome job!!! Very cool character and model

great!!! really love all!!i love the concept!
Alex Oliver

Awesome! You should render it with a electron microscope fake shader! The perfect dust mite warrior :lol:
Lemo

Great model, poooh nice details!! :+1: :+1:

Top quality work from design to render! Good work :):+1:

Wow, this is a superb model and render :slight_smile: great work!!!

Fantastic model and render.

Great concept of an insect-like creature !..the transfer to Modo 201 looks fantastic, all the bumps-yes, i counted them all :wink: -look like they made it to the Modo mesh…render is looking good to :+1:

jantim

nice…
look’s like sammael in hellboy.

Excellent work. The displacement map is particularly detailed. I don’t think it looks like Sammael. I’d like to see some renders from it’s back.

Jipes!! Creepy! Convincingly scary, organic but not to fleshy, and very original. Top row!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Awesome awesome work (so good I said it twice ;-))

great stuff here !!
5* from me :+1:

I like good, original stuff, with concept sketches that show you knew what you were doing. Pat on the back and a gold star. And most of all, welcome! :wink:

Thanks for all of your replies.
Here is a render from the back:

render14_back.jpg

Not bad for a “newbee”
Great creature

Great work from start to finish. I think the final model could use a little more ‘oomph’ in the color scheme (more like the concept painting) but it’s excellent work all around. :slight_smile:

… lobster :smiley:

Truly amazing. The final model is almost exactly as the concept (something that doesn’t happen to me ). Amazing.