ZBrushCentral

Final Render of skin using photo referencing

Just a test of photo referencing in Zbrush. It’s a self portrait (if you need reference, check a previous post) Just looking for some critiques on my realism. Modeled 100% in Zbrush. Rendered in Zbrush with a skin material I made, but the hair was done in PS.

![face.jpg|1100x960](upload://cMncrCDGsxH7QPxDZlwYQ1XmWyu.jpeg)![ZBC_THUMB.jpg|100x76](upload://yGy58erKaqxTLqTv8rkvsUiGmK5.jpeg)

Attachments

face.jpg

Nice work on the eyes. Your work is tight.

Your head is very nice,but its a little too red.I use color balance in photoshop,I hope You don’t mind.

![face.jpg|608x864](upload://jvEkgXpqxHJJlgkbbEXrTlZHEKo.jpeg)

This is beyond real… Top Row for certain

Excellent job on the color correction. That is spot on. I didn’t have a lot of time to work with it, but that was a great job.

Thanks for the critiques guys. Does anyone know how to post to the second row so that this can be viewed easier?

Lookin’ great, extremely realistic. Would be cool to see the untextured model too.

… and it should show up on top if you choose the “include image in post”(or something similar to that) option when you upload.

Yes, in order for an image to appear in the thumbnails, you must actually upload the image.

In your post composition window, you’ll see a button just below that says “Upload Image or File”. Click that and then follow the instructions. If you’re using Internet Explorer, you’ll be able to click at the end to place the image into your post. If you’re using Firefox, you have to finish the upload and then look at the list of attachments just below the upload button. There you can copy the script that inserts the image into your post, pasting it into your text. The script starts with [ATT] and ends with [/attach]–>

how the heck you did it? I don’t know… but is pretty damn awesome :+1:

Great Job !!

I Really Like It. Clean Clean Clean Is All I Can Say.
Can you show us the wireframe version.

ThANKz,

Cas

I will be posting the wireframe version and the sculpt after I get home from work. Thanks for all of the comments and my very first top row vote. Very much appreciated.

Yeah top row,congratulations. Glad I could help :slight_smile:

I hope yor art is excellent, I would like to watch different steps about this portrait And I would like to know how you builded the skin texture.

My congratulations you are excellent artist

Javier Cornejo From Chile

…in the Zbrush Album Photo thread! :sunglasses:

Can we see the basemesh without the PhS part?
The hair should cover the underlaying hair at the top/front of the head much better. Now I see the photo of the hair under it.

Fancy texture work with snap crackle and pop.

Looks great! I actually like it better redder however. Sure the color correction makes it look more realistic…but if you want that just go take a photo graph :stuck_out_tongue:
Your rendering adds some nice softness and artistic quality to it.

Excellent job. This is probably the most realistic zbrush render I’ve ever seen. Bravo.
p.s. BTW did you paint the texture or used a photo?

I used Mr. Kostas idea on texturing with photo images. You know, putting an eye photo on a plane 3D tool in projo master, turning Z intensity to 0 and using the faded circle alpha, and painted it on the model and then using the move tool to correct it. Here is the tweaked version of the image with a half wireframe, half low res version of the sculpt. I built my skin material which I will post later and I used a downloaded light and tweaked it to my liking in ZBrush. Thanks for the input all. Any questions, let me know.

![face2withsculpt.jpg|1100x960](upload://a7IMbpgoT87q4yqReRYaBOUCC7I.jpeg)

Attachments

face2withsculpt.jpg

here is the skin and light that I used to render in ZBrush. To get the desired skin effect you will need to tweak colors in the materials window to your liking, because some may find this material a bit red upon rendering. The light is a downloaded light, and again, must be adjusted to your liking. I beefed the ambient up to 7 so I didn’t have the hard shadows. Then in the render settings I turned on Shadows, Soft Z, Antialiasing with a super sample to 3, and the edge sampling to 100. I also tweaked in the shadows pallete the number of rays to my liking. The texturing will make a huge difference to your sculpture. This material gives the basis for skin characteristics, and will make your texture appear very realistic. I also increased the resolution to double the original size. Keep in mind, this picture took about 20-30 minutes to render, so you may want to keep all of the super sampling and antialiasing to a minimum until you get the desired look to your sculpt. Any other questions, just let me know.skin and light.zip (20.1 KB)