Default Anatomy Study

Hi, Everyone.
    My first post in this forum and very first character work in Zbrush...
    After watching the Gnomon DVD (Digital Scupting Human Anatomy), I decided to do it on my own.
    Before adding details, I would like to hear some critigues regarding the proportion, anatomy, etc..

AidenKimAnatomyStudy.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

the first think i can say, it's too bumpy ! Zack warns about it in the dvd , don't hesitate to smooth an area and resculpt the muscles to have something clean and precise. Other than that , it's pretty nice for a first try
    Lead character artist - Blur Studio
    http://nicolascollings.com/

Ubisoft work
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed 2

Very nice start! I agree it is a tad lumpy. However it could also be the material your using. To smooth it out, rather than redoing a section, shift+D to a lower subdivision level. Make sure that the lower levels are smoothed out, and you shouldn't lose all of your details. Also remember that you have skin on your character, so remember that at joints the skin is looser. This creates wrinkles which pop out when the bones bend at that joint. Its a bit different one the face, but generally parts that move a lot have deeper wrinkles.

Check your ear too, the structures there are a bit undefined and seem to go straight up rather turning 80 degrees toward the front. Also the hair doesn't feel like hair, but more like a wierd fro. The forearms seem a bit simple too. Why is there no *****?

Here is little update.

Thanks, ncollings!
    I wouldn't be able to realize the model was too bumpy if you didn't mention that!
    Just like you said, I smoothed some areas and redefined the muscle structure. I also realized that the material that I was using was too shiny and create some bumpiness so I decided to use just regular basic material.
    Let me know if it's still bumpy

Thanks, womball!
    I am still not at the stage of adding all the wrinkles and stuff but your comments will be really helpful. Actually I didn't even know how skin is like at joints. WIP02.jpg Also about the ears, I didn't really work on the ears besides changing the angles. But definitely I will redefine ears and post the updated version of my model. And like you said, there was something weird about the hair so I kinda smooth it out and also worked on forearms more to redefine the muscle structure. THANK YOU!!

Member Follow User Gallery

Hey, looks good!

First thing that stands out to me is the size of his head, it seems a tad small

looking much better,
    Keep it up man
    Lead character artist - Blur Studio
    http://nicolascollings.com/

Ubisoft work
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed 2

this is really nice but I also think the head is a bit too small and his legs are a little bit too short.

regards,
    Marco

Default Proportions

Wonderful thing about ZB is that the proportions can be changed without lousing up the maps!!!
    http://Medical-illustration.com
    "Your real job is to keep your dream alive."
    Modigliani