ZBrushCentral

Goblin Lord - a portrait

Hello,
I have been away from this place for far too long!
Some great new talent around here… I still see a few old familiar faces too!
Truly amazing work being showcased here.

Here is my humble stab at it…

Everything sculpted and textured using Silo for base meshes and ZBrush for the rest.
All low res meshes with hi-res displacement maps. (except for the 2 skulls.)

Character rigged and rendered in XSI using SSSfastskin shader.

Thanks for looking,
Michael

Hey PG :slight_smile: Nice to see you back where you belong lol. I think this is rocking all the way. Well done! :+1:

Thanks Tartan,
Thanks for the positive feedback!
It feels good to be back where I belong! I think?!

I have been working this last year as the 3d Character Design and Development Director for 3dCommune’s development team. Our team is really starting to take off… haven’t had any spare time… this image took more than a month of my personal spare time to complete.

C&C welcome!

Have a good one,
Michael

As always great work!
Andreseloy

Hey PG
Didn’t realize you were involved in a project over there. I will stop by some time. I havent been to it in quite awhile. I am liking Silo for base meshes also. Good combo there. A month! thats like the last true bryce image I did. I think it paid off :slight_smile:

Mario,
Hey thanks! It is good to see that you are still around my friend!

Yeah,
We develop Poser figures for the marketplace.
I resculpted Alexa and she is now called Alexa2… been creating several new characters and other cool stuff that will be public soon.
Silo is very nice for those base meshes. Also XSI is no slouch in the modeling dept. eiither! LOL

Anyways,
I’m glad you both liked my image… if you want to see the WIP and steps involved with this piece check out this link.

Thanks for looking,
Michael

this is way cool
i t looks like a character design for the oblivion game
way to go
i like it very very much and the tone of the final image works really cool with the overall design

Thanks Jazzbird,
I appreciate the positive feedback!

There has been a few people at other forums that have mentioned the Oblivion look.
Even though I have been playing the game for a couple of months (Excellent Game IMO) I didn’t intentionally draw this image with the game in mind. Apparantly the game seeped into my deep subconscience. ;~)

Here is an update:

I dirtied up the skull textures and tried to make the left shoulder look less flat by adding some softer shadows to bring out the highlights. Did the same with the chainmail as well.
I think it is finished now,
Best Regards,
Michael