ZBrushCentral

The Torcher

I have been to a couple talks by the Epic guys on their workflow of their wonderful models for the upcoming Gears of War game and it has truly inspired me to try to create a a model not only in that game’s artistic direction but try to use their workflow as well. I have gathered a great deal of resource and will be creating a flame thrower character that I am hoping looks like it could fit into the game. I am happy to say I not only be creating a head, but an entire character this time :stuck_out_tongue:

This will be a learning process for me and I hope others can learn from it as well.

Here goes.

C&C as always. I am doing most of this model from just a rough idea I have in mind and because of this I might go down some bad directions before I complete this.

The first part of the process, create a high poly model that you can then then use to create normal maps from. I am modeling most of the high poly model in max and then I will take it into Zbrush to add damage.

Helmet_Perspective.jpg

Attachments

Helmet_Sides.jpg

Very cool, will be fun to see where you go with it.

Wow! Pretty awesome. I like the design a lot. Seem like there’s a push of hard surface modeling in ZB. Would love to see the wire, to get a grasp of how this is being down. Keep up the great works.

Most impressed with your render!..and Tek/slot head fasteners…curious.

nice rhythem and flow in this model…like it !
go on !
regards,
Thomaskl

OH MY GAWD, that is awesome, love the style/design, man that totally rocks, I cant wait to see more, that just owns!

its an eyecatcher already, cant wait to see more;)

…seems almost like a sin to destroy all that clean & sharp modelling in ZBrush !

jantim

:smiley: looks great can you post a wire to please?

If think sharp’s the keyword here. Great model to stare at for 10 minutes. I can’t imagine where this will end up, but it will be great! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Stunning sums it up for me,really gets the imaginations running wild.:slight_smile:

Kickass stuff!
Wouldn’t you prefer reducing it to lesser models and working on the seperately though?
Also, I would love to see a wireframe - there are many wireframe “how to do” rules which should be considered when modelling an object for zbrush post modelling work.

Waiting for updates :slight_smile:

p.s.
Can we see concept design please?

great concept !

can we see wire please ?

What a load of s**t!

… just kidding ;), this is AWESOME, and I can’t wait to see where it goes!
(just wanted to be different to the rest of the comments, but I agree with everyone of them!).

…inside the equipment? :smiley: :wink:

John Turner - Thanks. I am curious to see where it goes as I am sort of making it up as I go.

AVTPro - Thanks. Yeah well this has yet to play with Zbrush, but will before I am done. Here is a wire

Helmet_Wires.jpg

Thanks for taking the time. Are these images too big?

Attachments

Helmet_Perspective2.jpg

Nice Work! Lots of detail there and the design seems firmly rooted within reality, which really resonates with me. Looking forward to more updates :slight_smile:

This is great man I love it

A question though, How are you going to render your normal maps onto your low poly if you take this into Zbrush? Im not familier with Epics workflow for going from a high poly model to a seperate low poly model. But if you take it to Zbrush It will be to high poly for max to workwith. And you will have two seperate models (game rez and Max/Zbmodel) whitch I cant figure out how to get working in Zbrush.

Anyway I cant wait to se how this turnes out! Keep it up!

I like this model. :):+1:

For such great work, the images are not too big. Isn’t adding nuts and bolts fun? Such simpel objects and they do so much for reality!