Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    From Studio City, Calif. Currently in sunny Prague!

womball,

I concurr with Mr.Harris
    And yes, it looks wet.

Great progress

~Brian

Sorry for the lack of news. Been busy with the animation. I will post an update to the body later today or tomorrow. However I think I migh hold off on finishing this until zbrush 3.0 comes out. I think I can still take it to another level.

Here's some of the latest work. I will be starting a new project soon so this may have to go on hold longer, but with zbrush 3.0 tools and lack of school at the time, I think the results are going to be much better! I'm just using the basic shiny material for this.

almostfinishback.jpg

almostfinishfront.jpg

Colors are reallyu rough, I'm curious if you like this palatte?

almostfnishcolor.jpg

Here is an XSI quick render. Open to suggestions on the material. I may have to use HDRI images again.

rendertest6.jpg

Batch of new renders. Made a great discovery, kitchen probe hdr is amazing! Or one of my settings seems to love HDR images on halfdomes. I'm using colored lights too.

fancyrenderhead.jpg
    frontbeauty.jpg
    sidebeautyview.jpg

fancyback.jpg

Comments and crits are more than welcome.

I got him rigged in some spare time! Just needs some tweaks to the pose and weighting. Can't wait to see how well I can define the forms in zbrush 3.0! And to give him a decent color map!

bwtest1.jpg

Cheesy black and white test

posetestcompost.1.jpg

Color test.

New Member Follow User Gallery

looks good man came a long way so far. great work.

Thanks for the kind words! I am getting close to finishing it, since I'm finally getting sick of seeing it. ;-) The lazy mouse is great for veins and muscles. Also good for painting veins too. And the color spray helps with breaking up the color. I think he looks good with a material called raw chicken. It was posted awhile ago in a mat-cap pack.

Final Render.

anatomystudybeauty.jpg

Close up face

facecloseup.jpg

I know you had said "final render" but if I may impose some C&Cs. This is mainly regarding the pose. First off, nice contrapposto. Second, the way his neck is sitting on his shoulders feels more snake like than human, if you don't mind I've included a pic.

example.jpg

The yellow path shows what you've done and the green path shows the assumed direction of the head based on the anatomy. I'm glad you fixed the back foot from your last render though. I know no one said anything so that must only mean you have a good eye. Everyone just needs a moment to step away from their work to see it with new eyes.

I know the transpose tool takes a bit to figure out but it sure is handy.

Overall, good study. Do you plan on doing a more detailed area at any time and push the poly limit?
    Last edited by ZModerator; 01-08-08 at 10:48 AM.

Default Yep..

Se7enthcin- I definitely agree, womball and I talked late last night briefly in the meebo chat conference for zbrush users and the neck to head alignment being off was also what I mentioned. The specularity also reminds me of toy plastic though I know he is trying to include a glossy type of membrane of sorts to give it the "Wet" look. As I mentioned though overall his hard work is paying off in dividends as he continues to wrap up this project making small changes here and there. Glad you took to the time to help give him food for thought, getting feedback is crucial here.

Wasn't using transpose, that would have been easier. I was using XSI's basic rig. I figured out finally how to get a stronger displacement map effect too. I don't know how to create materials in zbrush 3 and how to use the lights effectively yet. So I stuck with mental ray.

Someday I will begin a study where I will start with bones and build a seductive (relatively) female from that. That will probably push the poly limit and layer limit. No veins next time around, but I may do the muscles you don't generally see.

AngelJ

oh cool, what's meebo?

womball

Sometimes it's good to stick to what you know. I'm still getting use to the shaders as well.
    Last edited by ZModerator; 01-08-08 at 10:48 AM.

Really nice work. His pointer finger looks a lot like a *****, but seriously, really nice work. I am curious how many hours you have invested in this project.

Hour wise? I worked on him over a year so it could be between 500-1000 hours. I would sometimes just tweak settings for hours (materials seem to take a bit of effort to get right, especially sss shaders). I did a new take on this with one month of work involved. I wasn't going to go into veins and coloring though. Just raw structure. I think I have achieved better fingers too, more skeletal (less stuff on them).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast