ZBrushCentral

Regular guy..maybe not?

A latest learning piece. :slight_smile: Iโ€™m pushing to create almost regular characters before I dive, once again, into the fantastic creature realm. Been pushing my texturing skills lately.:slight_smile:

samfront3quarter_signed.jpg
Comments and suggestions, greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Looks cool, however i have a few crits

1. I think the jeans look awesome as does the creasing in the vest and the vest itself and whatever it is he is wearing underneath the vest.

2. Your skin appears to be a little too wet and glossy, and also the variation in tones (specifically in the face) seem a bit too blochy although i feel you captured more of a realism in the arms flesh than the face itself.

3. There needs to be a slight variation in the lighter pinkish tone uve used for the under bit of the hand, it seems too pale and kinda contrasts way too much with the color of the skin itself.

I understand darker people have lighter palms but they also have a tone that works well with their overall dominant skin toneโ€ฆ anyways tell me if u agree or not

otherwise, your texturing is really going places, and the model itself is very solid, respect!

WOW!:slight_smile: Thanks for the insightful analysis Jekkle.:slight_smile: and thanks for taking the time to respond.:slight_smile: Awesome.:slight_smile: Agreed on your observations.:slight_smile: Great to have a fresh eye take a look.:slight_smile: Got me to increase my note taking and observation after your analysis.:slight_smile: I just finished watching the movie Ray (starring Jamie Foxx:)and was looking at all the varieties of skin (especially the hands)โ€ฆand itโ€™s always great to discover that answers lie in making strong observations and applying what is seen.:slight_smile: Many thanks.:slight_smile: Definitely gonna enhance the textures even more face and palms and refine the spec map.:slight_smile: