ZBrushCentral

[wish]loadable brushes and other CRAZY ideas

i make a wish here before ZB2.5 is out, hope the almighty pixologic team make my dream come true.:laughing:

i wish to have a quick way to click and save-and-load my brushes, then i don’t need to change their colors and textures and even focals back everytime after i change them. just like Corel Painter does.

(tdrs, i know your idea, i think it’s great and very convinient.:+1: )

and here i also have a crazy idea, you know, everytime when you need to go back and tweak the object you’ve already dropped onto the canvas and turned into pixol, you have to clear that layer and use a marker to regenerate that tool in the same position. i think that’s VERY uncomfortable. ANYONE here likes that???

today, we have so many increable techs just like “mesh extraction” and “Topology Projection”, i just cannot imagine that pixologic can’t handle that. To me, it sounds like:

1,save every mesh’s position, orientation and scale on the canvas automatically
2,save the pixol infomation BELOW that mesh.
3,make an object list ( or item list whatsoever), everytime you select one, ZB can use above info to undrop any objects. thus there would be ONLY one object activated on canvas at any time.

is that possible to make it happen? i think this method will not reduce any speed of ZB, and make everyone happy:D

PLEASE HEAR ME, your magnificent Pixologic:p

oh, i have to add something:

if luckly ZB2.5 contains great script like Marker Master, lot’s of thing can be improved. then marker can be developed to a must-have property of every object, automatically generated by ZB, instead of a tools controled by users.

thus, while enjoying the ultimate speed of pixol, ppl can gain full control of everything in canvas, such as modifying, grouping, and modifying groups;) . just llike any other 3D packages.

will that day come? with Zbrush version what?:lol:

and i also wish to paint the texture, we can use layers. i heard both Zbrush and Mudbox can modify the mesh via a layerd way, why not painting texture?:lol:

Please stop post whoring, you could have put all of your posts into one.

The time for 2.5 wishlist entries was… two years ago.

I know this is counterintuitive, but trust me. You’ll be much happier if they’ve reached feature lock than you would be if they actually took time to integrate your suggestions.

Particularly if, in the spirit of fairness, that means having to integrate everyone else’s suggestions as well.

I know you’re enthusiastic, but your wishes (or something beyond them) are either incorporated already (which they’ll neither confirm nor deny at this time), or you’re going to be disappointed. So, what you’re doing right now isn’t influencing development so much as projecting expectations to either ruin the surprise for everyone else, or disappoint them as well.

Please don’t do that.

thank you guys. although i don’t understand your advices very clearly, i believe that lots of ppl love Zbrush more than i do. like you both said, i will never say a word to annoy you ppl.

wish to see zb 2.5 ASAP:)

lek1,

Don’t worry about Freakish’s and Ctrl-Z’s comments; your suggestions might not make it in to the 2.5 upgrade but some at least could perhaps be made into a useful plugin. For suggestions for possible plugins you’ve posted in exactly the right place.

Thanks,

I agree that a lot of these ideas could be great plugins, but I interpreted his Marker Master comment to mean he didn’t want that (favoring standardized integration over customized features). But the language was confusing, and I freely admit I could be wrong.

edit:
To clarify, my objections were not to his presenting ideas, but rather to the words “wish” “ZB2.5” and “pixologic team” in his intro.

I’m all for sparking further greatness in the Zscript community, but I’m against public 2.5 wishlists this late in the game. It’s a subtle distinction, but I think an important one.

first, i must appologize to you guys for my english. it’s not my mother tougue. i tried my best to express my ideas loud and clear. but still…:o

i have had all these thoughts for lots of years. but i thought these ideas were all easy to get, and maybe easy to code. so i kept waiting. til ZB 1.55b was out, and ZB 2, and soon ZB 2.5. everytime i wished to see these features in the newer version, cuz i thought there must be others who had the same idea like me, someday these features would pop up by themselve.

after the siggrraph 2006 was over, after i accidentally read my friend tdrs’ post about brush preset, i began to write down my wishlist. so, if i missed the oppotunity of zb 2.5 wishlist open day, i have to say, it’s REALLY my fault.

btw, i don’t have an idea about the current situation: have most of zb users a)found some other wise way just like marker master to get use to the unconvenience, or b) had to continue putting up with the unconvenience?

dont worry, I WANT LOADABLE BRUSHES TOOOOO;)

its a shame you can save brush presets, but it doesnt save the necessary stuff with it! (such as alpha or stroke settings.)

lek1 & Erklaerbar,
Depending on what enhancements ZB 2.5 contains, I do have in mind to write a sort of ‘Project organizer’ somewhat along the lines of my alpha & texture loaders. Being able to save brush presets in the way you suggest would be a valuable addition.

Ctrl-Z,
I didn’t mean any particular criticism; you made a valid point. Aurick has stated elsewhere that feature requests should always be addressed in an email direct to Pixologic rather than posted at ZBC. However, ZBrush tends to generate unbridled enthusiasm in its users [surely no bad thing] and I think it unlikely that posts along the lines of ‘wouldn’t it be great if…’ could be excluded completely. As someone who enjoys zscripting I find such posts interesting and useful.

Cheers,

Another wish :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: Another wish :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Marcus

I wrote this long time back in community forums. I think you didint got hold of it maybe. let me check If i find that link from 420 posts of mine.

Basically I had a dream , I saw zbrush canvas in which a city was portrayed with snow fall.

Yep PARTICLE EFFECTS.

What I am visualizing here is not actual animation but a particle creator plugin which would create effects like rains, snowflakes , fire balls falling from sky- or practically we can use any 3d object to create the effect.

Basically it will be static but if we want we can animate it by moving the whole effect( or each particles) and snapshoting them to create frame by frame animation, which can be used for gif animations etc.

Basically my main aim is to create such effect for my illustrations. It takes lots of time for placing such particles one by one.

But a plugin with a random effect button will just be the solution to give really cool cgi effects with zbrush renderings.

I am learning zscript but I dont think I will be able to create the plugin before next year.

What say Marcus, you think the idea is good ? I believe you are the right person to talk to regarding this.

Heres the link for that Dream I had :laughing:

http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=35063

Wicked,

Thanks for the idea… wow :eek:
Not sure this is possible using zscripting but I’ll give it some thought. Certainly it would be mega cool if it could be done.

Cheers,

Marcus If I remember properly some one created a script on this forums ( Not a plugin)

• to randomly place 3d objects on canvas in huge numbers, Basically you can have a look at that script - that might help in this idea. Simply the direction of random objects needs to be controlled with good materials and lightning ?

What say ?