My First Work [Dragon's Head]

Hi forum!
Check page 2. for newest work!

[attach=37979]stopbushsignfy1.jpg[/attach]

Thx
-Stefan

Attachments

stopbushsignfy1.jpg

do you mean when your done with your head and start painting on it… it drops the head and you can no longer move it??

that is where projection master comes in… you go to projection master his drop now… then you can begin to paint… after your done hit pickup now and your head will still be movable… if that wasnt the question then sorry…

also for skin shaders… theres alot of really great skin shaders on these forums

In no way are you done. You haven’t put any effort into that.

I don’t think thats a very fair comment freakish, not everyone is going to create amazing pieces their first run. Some people have 0 modeling experience and are just stepping into it with zbrush. There is no begginer forum. Don’t get discouraged though stefan, try using some of the tutorials out there. Also try and work on your head proportions, and worry about painting/detailing later.

welcome onboard:D

I`ve noticed freakish do this on more than one occasion, dont worry just keep at it X-TrEmE the way we get better is to keep practicing and with help from others not someone telling u just arent done coz u haven’t put any effort in, i say keep at it and ignore people who have nothing constructive to say.

note to freakish you should be a little nicer and mor constructive with your posts, you have no idea how much experience X-TrEmE has nor how much effort they put into this work, i agree that it still needs some work but u might want to suggest what you think it could use to make it better and not just “your not done, you haven’t put any effort in”

This isn’t good work, it would be patronising to deny this, but it looks exactly like you’d expect for a beginners first work. You’ve done colour, which I haven’t figured out yet myself!

A solid start I’d say :wink:

heres my first 3d model… i ever made. the point is we all have to start somewhere… and we can only evolve… your off to a great start… keep going. [attach=37980]gloweyes.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

gloweyes.jpg

Look at the model. He hit a point and just stopped working on the model. How much work do you figure he put into tha… 10 maybe 20 minutes?

I say what is true. If I see someone post half ass work, I’m going to call them on it. You shouldn’t lie to someone about their work just to make them feel good. People are not going to improve unless they know the truth. Why would I keep working on my model if someone says it’s great.

There is a difference between being honest and being downright rude. I too have noticed a series of similar recent posts from you. This is one of the most helpful, informative and friendly forums that I have visited. Lets try and keep it that way, yeah?

Keep it up X-TrEmE. ZBrush is an amazing piece of software and there is so much to learn. Everytime I use it (almost every day at the moment) I learn something new or a better way of doing something. Try not to be disheartened by other’s ignorance, we all have to start somewhere :wink:

beginners shouldnt start with heads…i dont understand, why everyone has to do “heads”. Heads are the most difficult and most advanced shapes…

Start with some easier things, to get an idea, of how 3D Tools work. Start with clean Poly-modelling, box-modelling, etc…

Start with a some object-trainings. Make a Cup. Make a Hat. Make a Pen, Make a wineglass…however…Start easy and train your understanding.

Zbrush isnt a Head-Making-Tool...(i guess, its a curse on that software, when i look into the "Top-Row-Galery).

Start basic and simple!

Greetings,
thomaskl

that is right. About 33% of our cognitive memory is for the human face. Of all out memory for recognising stuff, a blackbird, santa, rolls royce, cd player, red, clouds … you get the picture, one third of that stuff is for the human face. So to get the head right, it has to be right.
Which is why learning to draw it in 2d is invaluable when trying to model one in 3d.
Having said that, the original posters first model is not that bad. It is a lot better than my first attempt :slight_smile:
One also has a tendency at first, to think that a computer generated 3d model should happen quickly. After a while you will realise that that just don’t happen :slight_smile:
Keep at it chap…

I think Brainplug hit the nail on the head here.

A good art teacher, in my opinion, will encourage the student to do better. There is nothing encouraging about “You did not put any effort into this,” nor did you add any words of encouragement to it. I’m not saying you should say things like “Keep up the good work” if you think that “good work” isn’t being done. Nobody is asking you to lie or to say things that are different from your actual opinion, nor are we asking you to be silent in lieu of offering criticism. We’re saying that you can put a little more thought and tact into the way you voice your opinion.

I realize different people have different approaches here, and there are some forums where your comments would be perfectly acceptable and ordinary. The merits of such forums aside, this is not one of those places. Your comments stick out like a sore thumb and, well, in your words, we’re “calling you on it”. If you don’t bother to fit into the community at all, then you should probably expect to get the responses you do.

• Kef

I’ll stop posting negative comments but there is no way in hell that I am going to comform with the rest of you. Lazy modeler no longer fear, you’re safe from the truth.

-I’m done here-

Your very full of yourself aren’t you Freakish? And your whole attitude absolutely stinks mate! There are ways of saying something isn’t very good without being so negative and arrogant about it. Ever heard of ‘tactfulness’? It’s a sign of respect and good manners. Lets see some of your masterful work, or are you a ‘lazy modeler’?

And I would agree, you are ‘done’ here. Frankly I don’t think anyone will respect your opinion in here ever again.

Freakish may i remind you what you posted as your first work some weeks ago?

http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=35494

I guess you should chill and have a break, or a kitkat. chocolate is good!

I could really go to town after that post, but I’ll show some tact :wink:

Here is my first model (ever) I hit a point when I could think of anything else to do with it. The reason you don’t see a bunch of my work on here is because I won’t post anything of mine usless I know it’s the best that I can do.

I am only disrespectful when I truly think that someone is submitting work that they know is bad. Look here and here.

I don’t care about what people think of me. I am who I am and I don’t intend to change any time soon. Everyone can love me, they can all hate me, I DO NOT CARE.

I have learnt so many types of computer media and on every message board there are the people that post crap after crap until everyone is beaten down into thinking it’s good. In Flash people would leave backgrouds on their sprites. In Remixing music people would use 32kb audio clips. In photoshop people would just mass filiters. This list goes on. 98% of the posts on this forum are pure gold but the other 2% look like they were made by beating a piece of clay with a big stick.

Everyone may hate me for posting like this but I don’t care, I will not let myself be beaten down.

Nobody’s asking you not to post negative comments or to avoid the truth, which, if you had been paying attention, I already said explicitly and clearly. Have you heard of an idea called constructive criticism? What you said wasn’t constructive, it was destructive. What’s wrong with saying what you have to say, but doing it constructively?

Everyone may hate me for posting like this but I don’t care, I will not let myself be beaten down.
Asking you to show a little basic respect is not beating you down, and if you think it is, you really do need to put your ego in check.

• Kef

no offence, but i think no replies to a bad post does it as well. Because, Stefan may just have spent days to figure out things in Zbrush and came up with this, which makes feel good as it means that some basics were mastered after all the efforts to try things out (not to start that debate here, but Zbrush can simply overhelm a beginner). If you look through my< posts, you will see that some have almost no answers, i think that is feedback enough. Because if something is truly good, it will get tons of answers. As in my better posts, which i would describe as to be of mediocre quality, i do at least get some answers. On “bad” ones i might get 1 or 0 replies. :cool: