ZBrushCentral

z dragon project W.I.P.

Hi everyone
heres my lates work its still a w.i.p
I have been working on this model for couple of days now
its just solid z brush model no diplacement no texture
but iwill work on it more next days
Anyways about the dragon i wanted him to look noble ,just and kinda harmless (woudnt bet on that :lol: )

comments and crtitics are welcome

d2.jpg

Attachments

d1.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

Just finished the displacement map gonna work on this more … :lol: been a loooong time…

2.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

nice work man!! plan to texture it!!?

Lots of work left to do before texturing, but I like the look your getting. The side of the head thingy’s seem to be a little heavy/dense. :wink:

jazzbird,
Excellent detail work, but… it would be wise to concentrate on some of the secondary and tertiary forms before rushing into the details.
I am not knocking you by any means, you have a knack for details, for sure.

Just a suggestion.

Here is something of mine that may prove usefull to illustraite this point.
Hope you take it in the spirit in which it is meant.

Respectfully,

~BW B.Wade_DragonV.2.jpg

abbasi - - yes im gonna texture it but i rushed on the details again its so typcal me i allways rush darn … im gonna go back sculpt some more then start all the details again after that im gonna texture it :rolleyes: thanx for the comment mate!!

Jason Belec — yep you are right im gonna work on that tomorrow thank you

Mr.Monster – there you done it again the picture you posted rocks its just the look im after so itwill help me a lot thank you ( is it all zbrush??)

Its been a long long time and i havent been around
seeing all the great posts make me started zbrushing again well here are the latest images. its still in progress as always c&c wellcome !!!
mostly i worked on sculpting just to understand the new tools and brushes (zbrush 3 rocks) :lol:

3.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

Great attention to detail! :+1:

But I agree with the suggestion to work out the basic shape first.

Don’t take this the wrong way, I am only trying to help, but your dragon looks a lot like a goat that, on the evolutionary ladder, went back into the water.

Maybe working in some feline or distinctly reptilian ie crocodile features on the lowest d-level will do the trick to turn this into a first rate dragon (just widening the jaw structure might help), for which you have the detail already worked out. Many props for that!

As I said, just trying to help. :wink:

Keep up the great work!

Look at some pics of dinosaurs and crocs, and use them as a reference as to how the masses under the skin look. Then focus on details.

thanx for the comments guys i was gonna post something tonight but im having a zblock !!!
cant seem to work out the basic shape and i dont really know where to start right now

anyways im not sure what to do next im not very happy about the neck area im gonna do that all over again

chin needs some adjustments i hear ya pal thanx and cheers for all the comments

jazzbird: I’d just go back into the base mesh and make the necessary modifications there. Mr. Monster’s Dragon is a really nice example to look at, perhaps he would post some ortho’s for you to get a good overall impression rather than just the profile. If not and you want some real life references, look at pictures of an alligator or another croc with a more narrow skull and just translate the general structure into the look you want. Keep posting!:+1:

Mr.Monster: Very impressive showreel and list of credits on your myspace! Damn, you worked on “The Last Starfighter” !? I loved that one, any chance you might tell me who or what you worked on?

Ok Im on the right track this time (at least i feel like it :smiley: )
been working on the neck this looks much more better, and i made the jaw a little bit wider and all the additude of the model been changed
some part of the neck stiil needs adjustments still w.i.p.
hmm let see what you guys gonna say this time
your comments are really helping me a lot guys thanx again.

1.jpg

Attachments

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ok i wanted to test the new hd sculpt i divided the model 2 times in hd sculpt and when i press a to see whats up z brush came up whit this!!
can anybody tell me whats wrong with the eye region other parts of the model seems fine
and this black spots wont go away when i render the model too
somanybody knows anything about this?? i really need help :frowning:
(and i tried smoothing too )
what-the-heck.jpg

Check this out…might be your issue too: http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=45834&highlight=pepper+grain+artifacts

Thank you very much i figured out the problem
Turns out you can fix it by turning on “Double sided” polys in the Display Properties.
cheers

Ok heres the final version
Again i worked on details just to find out how hd sculpt works
I hope i will be able to texture this guy :rolleyes:
anyways thanx for all the comments again

upload1.jpg

Attachments

upload2.jpg

upload3.jpg