ZBrushCentral

Lictor

Hi, I think this is my first time actually posting up work here. Anyway, it’s a Tyranid Lictor from games workshop. This is one of the reference pictures from games workshop I’m using, there are a couple of others with variations of the creature and I’m just taking parts from each.

[attach=38774]lictor3zy9.jpg[/attach]

I’m doing it in parts, base meshes made in XSI, then some zbrushing after. Here is what I’ve got for the torso so far.
[attach=38775]torso3sdg4.jpg[/attach]

Hope you like.

Attachments

lictor3zy9.jpg

torso3sdg4.jpg

Yeah mate, nice spikey exoskeleton :wink:

Looking great Chris, that is turning in to a nice piece. I think you will get a better sense of how your first tool looks once you have more modeled up.

Keep on trucking mate, and don’t forget you neeed to finish your MA project too! :confused: :wink:

MIKE :smiley:

Did more detailing on the torso and started working on the claw.

[attach=40373]torso5sdc6.jpg[/attach]
[attach=40374]claw7nm2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

torso5sdc6.jpg

claw7nm2.jpg

I saw this a while back. I thought it looked like it was promising to be a good model then. Glad to see you progressing with this again. Really love the the texture detail that you’re getting. I think this’ll be a top row when you’re done with it. i’ll be keeping my eye on this. Can’t wait to see an udate already.:+1:

Started detailing the leg now.

[Leg4a.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘40799’,‘Leg4a.jpg’,1,0))

wow…sorry I missed this thread before…love the concept drawing and the modeling you have done so far. This will turn out to be a very ultra kewl creature and model I think.

I have been working on trying to find just the right look for legs and feet of a little reptile creature I am workign on at the moment…very sad work compared to yours to say the least.

thank you for posting and I look forward to the further progression and updates of your creation.

thnx
Ron

catfishmn@aol.com

:+1: Great work so far!

I’ve got to see you do the octopoid mouthparts!

This looks great, can’t wait to see it finished.

nice concpt! same here, can’t wait to see it finished. i would even like to put it on my wall as a poster so it would remind me of great work and dedication!

That is sick man. I love it.

That looks terrific! Love the details. And since youre doing it in pieces you can really subdivide the heck out of things. I can’t wait to see the finish!

Cheers all :slight_smile:

The concept isn’t mine (I would love to be able to draw like that). It’s done by Games Workshop.

Anyway, more work on the leg, I reckon it’s pretty much done now. Next will be the pelvis and tail methinks.

[Leg6a.jpg]

Cthulhu Fhtagn!
great work, awesome details :+1:

Hi there

Saw something that can maybe help with reference to this

http://www.blender.org/cms/December_2005.739.0.html

Look and you will find a simular model

SagaN

7910a11a0d.jpg

Started putting in the main details of the tail.
[Tail1a.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘40978’,‘Tail1a.jpg’,1,0))

…modeling! :slight_smile:

Cheers :slight_smile:

Bit more work
[Tail2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘40998’,‘Tail2.jpg’,1,0))

I cant wait to see this one all put togeather.

nice, looking forward to see it completed.
Aren’t the leg too skiny? especially on the upper part? They look very thin for to legs imo