ZBrushCentral

Did not know if you wanted in on the fun (game modeling)

Well the fun has begun my new series has started at
http://www.houseoftutorials.com/page2.html
everything is free of course just bring your brain.

It strays away from Zbrush a little so I’m just offering a heads up and I’ll post in this topic if a new one is out or not.

The series is called getting your model in-game.

So far I have covered the software needed and the file locations.
as long as you have
Zbrush
Maya 5 or 6 Maya 7 also works but never tried it
photoshop
Notepad;)
Doom3 engine ($19.00)

So why the doom 3 engine

1. it supports open source
  2. It spans 3 games Doom 3, Quake 4, Prey
  3. The community is huge for mods
  4. You can export straight from maya to engine with little scripting

I’m just getting sorta bored looking at static models that look good cause there a billion polys. Anyway play or not thats the new game;)

Can I apply this to halflife2, Gary’s Mod? I think Gary’s mod with it’s machinama capabilities would be the media form (well the most fun anyway)
to show off zbrush work. Try a search on youtube.com for chiron beta prime.
Too funny
JF

Very cool. Any aid for the aspiring game artist is something I’m interested in. Unfortunately they only have a full version of Maya at the school (I only have PLE) and I’m not very good at it, but it’s still worth looking into.

Yeah I have zbrush, and Silo,as far as commercial apps,perhaps we can get some help from blenderheads to help us poor folk go from zbrush to game.Oh yeah as far as the halflife 2 engine goes there is the Xsi mod app.
JF

you know where;)

O by the way theres a extra Zbrush tutorial on Multi Mesh editing for those paying attention lol

I’m really interested about this doom 3 engine. Can you recommend me some good resource websites to get started please ?:eek:
(grab my doom 3 from shelf and re-install it)

http://www.doom3world.org/index.php
Going to try to do the anamations video soon. But this site has a million resources to help you.