ZBrushCentral

Pixologic User's Group Meeting - September 2006

[attach=40223]zbcimage.jpg[/attach]

Ahoy, Mateys! One of the hottest movies of the summer -- indeed, of all time -- was "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", the spectacular continuation of Jack Sparrow's swashbuckling adventures as he faces off against the notorious Davey Jones. Not only did this film set box office records, but it also broke new ground in digital special effects with Davey and every member of his crew being created digitally. The believability of these characters raises the bar for computer graphics, and ZBrush starred as a key player in their creation. As many of you have no doubt see, the folks at [ILM](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=27606) recently set aside some time to talk with us about how ZBrush was used in the making of the film, and we've posted it on the Pixologic website. It's quite a read, and if you haven't already we'd like to encourage everyone to check it out! [Click Here](http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/community/ilm-pirates/ilm-pirates.html) But now we have even more ZBrush gold for you as ZBrush, ILM and the Gnomon School join forces for the newest Pixologic User's Group Meeting!
The Date: Thursday, September 28, 2006 The Time: Refreshments at 6:00 PM, Presentation at 7:00 PM The Place: The Gnomon School of VFX, Hollywood, CA

The Price: FREE!

The meeting will start at 6pm with a meet-and-greet. (Gnomon will provide beer and pizza.) At 7pm, everyone will gather in the stage area where artists from ILM will show us how they used ZBrush in their production pipeline for the movie. Rub elbows with industry veterans, and gather with fellow users at the edge of a brand new world in 3D. Feel the power of ZBrush and of what is yet to come!

Reservations are required. [Click here to RSVP](http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/community/events/usergroup-september2006/rsvp.html) ![ZBC_THUMB.jpg|100x76](upload://n6HjD2iP9e8EzzVcEQC8xv4iQVj.jpeg)

Attachments

zbcimage.jpg

Wuuuuuuu

Aurick, I want to fly to the Gnomon :smiley: :wink:

Great iniciative

I will be there!!! if ILM is there am there 2…what to expect huh I wonder:cool:

Wow. Confirmation e-mails and everything! These events just keep getting better. =)

See ya there! :smiley:

…to implant a Video WebCam with streaming at this metting? :wink:

very very cool, i’m looking forward to this one…

Cool,

I’m taking some classes there in Oct. (old guy going back to scool!)

PATTON

Sounds fun. Looking forward to another awesome presentation like the Underworld one from Luma!

Sounds fantastic but I don’t think work would allow me the day off to trav from Newcastle in the uk, Any chance of moving the meeting to Newcastle, I would be really gratefull. Or come on be a sport. :lol:

Count me in…I can’t wait (Hey Ryan…do you need a photographer again…I’m down…I’ll email Michael at Gnomon about it as well.)

-Lawrence

I would love to make it. I am Central Florida. Sounds like all the action is over there. Anyway thanks Zbrush Central and all the great artist invovled I just got Zbrush and cant put it down. You know what I mean. Thanks Meat for your great videos I have learned alot from them…
Art Cid

www.artcid.com

Wahow… ILM, Gnomon…
Badass meeting…
Damn… freakin bad I will miss that :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

May I say that envy for you California kids drips from
every pore.
I’m not too jealous:cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :mad: :mad:

best of luck to Patton!!!

Just wondering if any of the gnomon training dvds are going to be available to purchase while this presentation is going on. Just in case, I should bring some extra money :smiley:

I just made my RSVP! I live in San Diego a two hour drive… not too bad and I might be able to see one of my friends in his college up there!!! all’s good with this meeting!!! Thanks pixologic!

I hate to miss that one! anyway enjoy the show guys, i´m sure is gonna be awesome!

Im working a block away atm so Ill be there as long as it aint took hectic that day like today :eek:

Traditionally, you can buy Gnomon training DVDs as well as great art books from Ballistic Publishing at any event hosted by Gnomon. There’s a seperate area set up for this – ask someone if you don’t see it!

(I do the same thing – saves money on shipping! Just be sure to buy early, particularly if you want a newer title. This isn’t their warehouse, so stock is limited)

I wish I could be in USA too :slight_smile:

but not possible currently :cry: